Boston: Vaccine Passport beginning January 2022

I have confidence that the US people will vote for the repubs if they feel their freedoms are being taken away.
I'm ok with the mid-terms going either way. 

This pandemic is a complicated issue with multiple solutions. 
We can lean to total lockdown or total freedom, but the answer is always somewhere in the middle. 

I'm not sure how I will vote in the midterms, but I always see it as:
Repubs - More freedom, More covid
Democ - Less freedom, Less covid

Its like you need insurance to drive a car. What freedom are you talking about? Take a step back the US is turning into a third world country because as hospitals are getting full and people are spreading covid like its the new candy.

What in the world is social credit system? Are you talking about China? Are you from the US? Because in the Us there is no social credit system. There is a credit check and a background check for criminal and financial. (bankruptcy)

hpjet said:
You'll need a vaccine to go inside Boston restaurants, entertainment venues and gyms
https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/me...ronavirus-vaccine-passport-mandate/ar-AARZHas

I am vax'd but what worries me about this vax pass trend is seeing what is happening in the world.  More than one world leader has said that we will need repeated boosters (UK saids 3 months interval, others say 6 months), and Israel and other countries have already banned those who have not gotten their boosters.  And countries have multiple police stopping people in streets as well as in restaurants, etc. to check your vax pass and people are being arrested if they don't have their pass/papers. 

Someone here mentioned that this digital vax pass leads to a social credit type system/pass and I am scared of this happening.  I found this company that is working with various world entities and their digi pass app covers so much of your life (mortgage, insurance, groceries, everything) https://digi.me/usecases/.  This combined with the reality that UK is already moving to CBDC (central bank digi currency) and looking at programmable ones (they can put expiration on your money or dictate what you can spend them on or distance restriction like you can only use within 5 miles radius of your house, there is no limit.)  These things are happening in small increments but are really happening.

I suppose if you feel that you will follow all rules and therefore welcome a social credit system, then I supposed that is good for you.  But what if you encounter a rule that is so arbitrary and unjust that you can't possibly follow in good conscious, or what if others (good people) are suffering under similar rules, would you be really ok with that?

zubs said:
I have confidence that the US people will vote for the repubs if they feel their freedoms are being taken away.

We can lean to total lockdown or total freedom, but the answer is always somewhere in the middle. 

But really we have gotten..

Democ - Less freedom, MORE covid

Biden?s Covid Death Milestone
More Americans have died of the virus in 2021 than in all of 2020.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/bidens-covid-death-milestone-biden-administration-trump-11637708781

I think Covid will be a factor, but economy and inflation will be a bigger factor. If we still have run away inflation then the party in power will probably lose.

zubs said:

morekaos said:
zubs said:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/bidens-covid-death-milestone-biden-administration-trump-11637708781

He forgot to add or disclose because of the resistance.

Exactly. More COVID means the emergency power for lockdown and mandate will stay so less freedom. It will stay until it becomes a norm and also mail in voting will become a norm too. Democrats have more to gain with more COVID that Republicans.

morekaos said:
zubs said:

So how is it that you got the vaccination but you cant stop talking about the vaccination.

As long as your safe?

akula1488 said:
I think Covid will be a factor, but economy and inflation will be a bigger factor. If we still have run away inflation then the party in power will probably lose.

zubs said:

Back