Watch Collecting

potsticker

Anyone here into watch collecting? I've been collecting watches from various brands (Rolex, Omega, Zenith to name a few) for the past decade. Started with the vintage pieces and have recently moved on to more modern pieces. Interest in watches has skyrocketed over the past 2-3 years...likely because of social media. Curious to see if any fellow TI'ers are into horology.

I've been mostly an observer for the last couple years. I love the watch youtube channels: Watchfinder, Time Teller, Hodinkee, etc... While I can appreciate the workmanship of many time pieces, the prices are too steep for my level of interest. I'm flabbergasted at the prices people pay over sticker for steel Rolexes on the gray market.

I follow as a casual observer and I'm kicking myself for not buying more Rolex's in my late 20s/early 30s before kids.

My first was a Sea Dweller when it was announced it was going to be discontinued in 2008 for the Deep Sea, but then they brought back the Sea Dweller years later.  I also have a vintage Zenith A serial white dial Daytona /w full papers and hangtags.  These things have gone up so much in the past few years.

I'm getting priced out of the Rolex market now even if I wanted to collect, for one, I only want to buy watches I'd wear and only research those watches, the Panda was a recent goal, but it's too high now.  The next watch I get will likely be a Patek I need to save up for.  Holy Grail is the Patek 5270G which is a dream.

I think I have a couple Swatches from High School Days.  Willing to let these babies go for a steal if anyone is interested.

I had a Casio calculator watch and a video game watch. :)

I'm more of a divers watch type, analog/digital with rotating bezel... but functionality wise... I've settled on the Apple Watch. :(

Due to Covid... anything collectible is hot right now... I need to go through all my old sports cards and see if I can find any gems in there.

irvinehomeowner said:
I had a Casio calculator watch and a video game watch. :)

I'm more of a divers watch type, analog/digital with rotating bezel... but functionality wise... I've settled on the Apple Watch. :(

Due to Covid... anything collectible is hot right now... I need to go through all my old sports cards and see if I can find any gems in there.

NERDS!!!

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYewWA-Zcr4[/youtube]

Back