Most Dangerous States: not just Red because of politics

Yea, ironically, Alaska has a higher violent crime rate than San Fran.

Luckily when you step in sh*t in the street in Alaska, it?s usually moose.

Behind London Breed?s stunning ?defund the police? turnaround in San Francisco
After Black Lives Matter protesters last year demanded that cities ?Defund the Police,? San Francisco Mayor London Breed held a press conference to announce that her city would be one of the first to do exactly that. Breed cut $120 million from the budgets of both San Francisco?s police and sheriff?s departments. A spokesperson for the police officers? union warned the cuts ?could impact our ability to respond to emergencies.?

This week, Breed reversed herself in dramatic fashion, announcing that she was making an emergency request to the city?s Board of Supervisors for more money for the police to support a crackdown on crime, including open-air drug dealing, car break-ins and retail theft.

In November, San Francisco was the first of several progressive cities hit by smash-and-grab mobs of thieves, sometimes as many as 80 in a group. Video from the San Francisco looting of Louis Vuitton shows criminals walking casually out of the store, goods in hand. In response, many of San Francisco?s luxury stores in its Union Square shopping district boarded up their windows, making the area resemble a blighted neighborhood in Detroit, and embarrassing city leaders.

Meanwhile, San Francisco?s open drug scene contributed to three times more deaths from illicit drugs than COVID last year, and has degraded the low-income historically black Tenderloin neighborhood.
https://nypost.com/2021/12/15/behind-london-breeds-defund-the-police-turnaround-in-san-francisco/

WREG News 3 Memphis: A new study that found Memphis is the most dangerous city in the country has many residents questioning their safety.

Flashing lights, crime scene tape, and grieving families have become a common sight across Memphis.

James Crawford didn?t always feel this way but after watching a loved ones life get taken, it?s hard for him to feel optimistic about the future.

?It just rock bottom, it?s just complete rock bottom,? Crawford said. ?It?s not gonna end, I have a feeling it?s not gonna end. It?s gonna keep on going like a loop over and over again, like an endless cycle. It?s crazy.?

A newly released report by 24/7 Wall Street compiled FBI statistics and declares Memphis the most ?dangerous? city in the country.

They found there was more than 18,000 violent crimes reported last year. It?s a stat the Memphis police is well aware of.

?I?m optimistic that we can strive next year for a five percent decrease in our part one crimes. That is a goal we plan to set for 2022,? Memphis Police Chief CJ Davis said back in October.

Memphis came in second when it comes to the homicide rate.
https://www.wreg.com/news/local/concerns-grow-after-memphis-ranked-most-dangerous-city/

Currently Tennessee Governor and two US Senators are Republicans.

eyephone said:
WREG News 3 Memphis: A new study that found Memphis is the most dangerous city in the country has many residents questioning their safety.

Flashing lights, crime scene tape, and grieving families have become a common sight across Memphis.

James Crawford didn?t always feel this way but after watching a loved ones life get taken, it?s hard for him to feel optimistic about the future.

?It just rock bottom, it?s just complete rock bottom,? Crawford said. ?It?s not gonna end, I have a feeling it?s not gonna end. It?s gonna keep on going like a loop over and over again, like an endless cycle. It?s crazy.?

A newly released report by 24/7 Wall Street compiled FBI statistics and declares Memphis the most ?dangerous? city in the country.

They found there was more than 18,000 violent crimes reported last year. It?s a stat the Memphis police is well aware of.

?I?m optimistic that we can strive next year for a five percent decrease in our part one crimes. That is a goal we plan to set for 2022,? Memphis Police Chief CJ Davis said back in October.

https://www.wreg.com/news/local/concerns-grow-after-memphis-ranked-most-dangerous-city/

Yes, but he President of the United States is a Democrat, so it's clearly his fault!!

Liar Loan said:
eyephone said:

Yes, but he President of the United States is a Democrat, so it's clearly his fault!!

Tennessean news article: Gun violence is a public health crisis in Tennessee. Data prove it. | Opinion (article written 1/3/20, before Joe Biden became president)

Opinion: Gun violence statistics in Tennessee are stark. Legislators need to listen to health researchers and law enforcement and strengthen gun laws

Based on the most recent U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention data, we are 11th for firearm mortality, seventh for firearm homicide, and fourth for both youth gun death and gun homicides.

According to data reported by The Tennessean, Tennessee is currently fifth in the nation for women murdered by men, most often with a firearm and almost always by a man they know. Tennessee has ranked in the top 10 states for women murdered by men for the last decade.

Firearm injuries are also a problem.  According to data from the Tennessee Department of Health, firearm injuries have increased dramatically over the last seven years. In 2010, there were 2,260 firearm injuries, a rate of 35.75 per 100,000 people.  Compare that to 2017 when there were 3,192 firearm injuries, a rate of 47.53 per 100,000 people.
https://amp.tennessean.com/amp/2758425001

Well, obviously?the strictest gun laws in the nation in Chicago and New York have worked so well?. ;D ;D >:D

morekaos said:
Well, obviously?the strictest gun laws in the nation in Chicago and New York have worked so well?. ;D ;D >:D

Fox2Now News: St. Louis has highest murder rate in U.S. in 2020

Homicides in the U.S. in 2020 increased nearly 30% over the previous year according to new FBI figures and St. Louis City is reportedly the U.S. city with the highest murder rate.

St. Louis City had 263 homicides in 2020 with a homicide rate of 87 per 100,000 people.
https://fox2now.com/news/missouri/s...-rate-in-u-s-in-2020-other-crimes-decreasing/

A red (republican state)
The new compton? Lol

Firearm deaths per capita in NYC are very low. It's much higher in the red upstate counties as is the suicide rate. So I guess it's working pretty well.

Also "Chicago has the nation's toughest gun laws!!!" hasn't been true since like 2008. Not to mention the proximity to Indiana and Wisconsin.

Found eyephones burner account
fatduck said:
Firearm deaths per capita in NYC are very low. It's much higher in the red upstate counties as is the suicide rate. So I guess it's working pretty well.

Also "Chicago has the nation's toughest gun laws!!!" hasn't been true since like 2008. Not to mention the proximity to Indiana and Wisconsin.

eyephone said:
morekaos said:

Fox2Now News: St. Louis has highest murder rate in U.S. in 2020

Homicides in the U.S. in 2020 increased nearly 30% over the previous year according to new FBI figures and St. Louis City is reportedly the U.S. city with the highest murder rate.

St. Louis City had 263 homicides in 2020 with a homicide rate of 87 per 100,000 people.
https://fox2now.com/news/missouri/s...-rate-in-u-s-in-2020-other-crimes-decreasing/

A red (republican state)
The new compton? Lol

Doesn't matter...Its a "Gun Free Zone". Has been for years.  Why don't they follow the law? Those rascally criminals.  ;D ;D >:D

St. Louis Police Chief Declares Downtown A Gun Free Zone.
https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/st-louis-police-chief-declares-downtown-a-gun-free-zone-kinda/

akula1488 said:
fatduck said:

i mean, you can go check the FBI stats for yourself.  NY is very low by virtually every metric.  and most of those firearm deaths are people in schenectady killing themselves.  just saying.

your talking points are way outdated.  you should be talking about the DC murder rate.

chicago used to ban all handguns and require all other guns to be registered.  now anyone 21+ can concealed carry.  so if you're pointing to current crime stats you're making the opposite argument you think you are.

fatduck said:
akula1488 said:
fatduck said:

i mean, you can go check the FBI stats for yourself.  NY is very low by virtually every metric.  and most of those firearm deaths are people in schenectady killing themselves.  just saying.

your talking points are way outdated.  you should be talking about the DC murder rate.

chicago used to ban all handguns and require all other guns to be registered.  now anyone 21+ can concealed carry.  so if you're pointing to current crime stats you're making the opposite argument you think you are.

You're talking to a far right-wing Trumper, so he really has no talking points other than "far left" and "eyephone's burner account".

Unlike you I don't spread misinformation or making up lies like you do all the time.
I simply have not researched enough  to form an opinion. But for now I only care is are myself and my family safe in where we live and travel. So I will cross SF out of my list for place to visit.

CalBears96 said:
fatduck said:
akula1488 said:
fatduck said:

You're talking to a far right-wing Trumper, so he really has no talking points other than "far left" and "eyephone's burner account".

What are you talking about?
Just answer with facts and not with analogies.

Yup this must be Mety?s second account.

akula1488 said:
Unlike you I don't spread misinformation or making up lies like you do all the time.
I simply have not researched enough  to form an opinion. But for now I only care is are myself and my family safe in where we live and travel. So I will cross SF out of my list for place to visit.

CalBears96 said:
fatduck said:
akula1488 said:
fatduck said:

So the Trumper who has been spreading misinformation and lies is accusing others of spreading misinformation. Typical GOP (Gaslighting, Obstructing, Projecting) voter.

Back