New Listing - Crescendo Plan 1 home @ Cadence Park (116 Crossover)

usctrojancpa

I listed a spectacular Crescendo Plan 1 home in Cadence Park (Great Park) an hour ago on MLS as Coming Soon. The home was built in 2018 by Lennar Homes and features 4 bedrooms and 4.5 bathrooms along with a downstairs game room and an upstairs loft with 4,106sf of living space.

The home is situated on a premium large corner lot that's 9,558sf which is one of the largest lots in Cadence Park (the seller specifically waited for this lot when buying the home from Lennar as he wanted as close to the lot size of the model home as possible).  Upgrades in the home totaled almost $1m, including $500k spent on landscaping with mature trees for privacy along with a large saltwater pool/spa. 

The home is listed at $2,800,000.

Showings will start on Wednesday, Dec 8th.  PM or email me if you are interested in seeing it.  I will be hosting the open houses this next weekend on Saturday, Dec11th and Sunday, Dec 12th from 1-4pm for both days.

Here is the Redfin link:
https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/116-Crossover-92618/home/112725654

Pictures and the virtual tour along with the 3D Matterport are in the link below:

www.116Crossover.com

If you guys are in the area, drop by to say hello and check out this awesome home. 

One word comes to mind - WOW! Fricking gorgeous and to my untrained brain it appears to be affordable in this market. I?m guessing the new owner will be paying over $4K in property taxes - per month! What?s the highest price paid for a Great Park home?

DrTravel said:
One word comes to mind - WOW! Fricking gorgeous and to my untrained brain it appears to be affordable in this market. I?m guessing the new owner will be paying over $4K in property taxes - per month! What?s the highest price paid for a Great Park home?

Homes in Arborcrest go for that (mello is paid off) but they are over 23 years old with older floor plans.

Bet this one goes quickly for much more than asking........ to someone who doesn't care they are paying nearly $50K in property tax.

DrTravel said:

The Mello Roos on the home is a little over $13,000 per year so the total property tax at the list price would be $42,000 per year or $3,500 per month (1.50% property tax rate).  The most expensive Great Park home (non-Altair) sold was the Crescendo Plan 3 former model home that Tomiki posted.

Ready2Downsize said:
DrTravel said:

Homes in Arborcrest go for that (mello is paid off) but they are over 23 years old with older floor plans.

Bet this one goes quickly for much more than asking........ to someone who doesn't care they are paying nearly $50K in property tax.

It may go over the list price given that there is a lack of inventory on the market and the buyer will provide to be strong financially because there aren't many comps good comps.

USCTrojanCPA said:
Ready2Downsize said:
DrTravel said:

It may go over the list price given that there is a lack of inventory on the market and the buyer will provide to be strong financially because there aren't many comps good comps.

Just need two qualified buyers who want it.

What?s funny is that I already got 2 agents asking me if they can show it today even through I made it very clear on MLS that showings start on Wednesday (very common with my coming soon listings this year). The most common reason for the agent asking to see it right away because they have a client who?s only in town today (yes, sure they are) but I got the best excuse to see my listing right from an agent today who told me that she client is pregnant and about to give birth any day.  haha

USCTrojanCPA said:
What?s funny is that I already got 2 agents asking me if they can show it today even through I made it very clear on MLS that showings start on Wednesday (very common with my coming soon listings this year). The most common reason for the agent asking to see it right away because they have a client who?s only in town today (yes, sure they are) but I got the best excuse to see my listing right from an agent today who told me that she client is pregnant and about to give birth any day.  haha

We had a house here with not many photos that sold during the coming soon period.

I'd take a super really good offer if I didn't have to bother showing it but in this market it better be a very good offer, not someone who thinks they can low ball it, cuz I have to move me and my stuff and if i had a place to do that, my place woulda already be on the market.

Cares said:
So uhh I'm pregnant, can I see the house today?

Ah give her a break. If it's true she might miss seeing it before she can get home from the hospital in this market.

Then again, she can always do video tour or have hubby go see it. I doubt the seller is going to take the first and only offer if he knows there is a really strong offer that he might be able to entice into a bidding war.

And someone better show up with a big belly and swollen feet or that agent's credibility is shot.

Cares said:
So uhh I'm pregnant, can I see the house today?

Yeah I laughed to myself when I got the text.  First off, I?m not going to show a Coming Soon listing before it goes Active because that?s asking to get fined by the realtor association. And second, what?s the point of you seeing early when i said in the listing the seller won?t review offers until next Monday.  The seller is not in a hurry to sell and is looking for the highest sales price whether it?s all cash or financed.

USCTrojanCPA said:

My daughter (who was actually pregnant) was looking to buy a house and TWICE planned on visiting a ?Coming Soon? only to have the property go into escrow a day after the announcement so they never got a shot. Her agent said they probably already had a buyer lined up before their announcement. I told her it was unethical but unfortunately she has run across many RE agents who appear to be borderline crooks. I appreciate that you are not part of that club!

DrTravel said:
USCTrojanCPA said:

My daughter (who was actually pregnant) was looking to buy a house and TWICE planned on visiting a ?Coming Soon? only to have the property go into escrow a day after the announcement so they never got a shot. Her agent said they probably already had a buyer lined up before their announcement. I told her it was unethical but unfortunately she has run across many RE agents who appear to be borderline crooks. I appreciate that you are not part of that club!

I know what it?s like on the buy side so unless I have a pocket listing, I always recommend to my client to ensure that we give enough time for perspective buyers to view the hole before we review offers.  Unlike other lazy list agents who just accept the highest offer right off the bat, I always recommend best and final counters when we have multiple offers that way the buyers get another chance at putting their best foot forward and it always yields a higher sales price and better terms for my seller. 

DrTravel said:
USCTrojanCPA said:

But look at the seller side...... if they have a coming soon listing and someone comes in with cash, lets the seller stay for a price that they think was as much as they were going to get anyway, can you fault them for taking it?

I've sold several houses and it's a real pain if you have young kids who can't be expected to keep their toys put away, need nap time help with school work etc. It's really hard to keep a house looking great even if you don't have kids and realtors just show up and want to show the house immediately even with a call half hour before you come right on the listing.

Ready2Downsize said:
DrTravel said:
USCTrojanCPA said:

But look at the seller side...... if they have a coming soon listing and someone comes in with cash, lets the seller stay for a price that they think was as much as they were going to get anyway, can you fault them for taking it?

I've sold several houses and it's a real pain if you have young kids who can't be expected to keep their toys put away, need nap time help with school work etc. It's really hard to keep a house looking great even if you don't have kids and realtors just show up and want to show the house immediately even with a call half hour before you come right on the listing.

It depends on the seller situation but in this case the home is vacant and staged so no inconvenience to the seller.  That being said, it?s always best to give the home enough market exposure to give enough buyers time to see the home. 

Wow, this listing is very popular...we have over 20 agent appoints schedule Wednesday through Friday.  I'm guessing the open house will be very busy too.

Back