Hi,

I'm moving to OH reserve early next year.  Trying to decide from the following

1) Ring, simplisafe, some other DIY system
2) Arlo cameras
3) Hard wired system from a local company
4) Gated community dummy don't need any of this stuff

Thoughts and referrals appreciated

#5) Smith & Wesson M&P15.

That's a 'zombie' apocalypses thing though.

On a mundane note, I'd #1, mainly ring type camera setup.  You don't need to really worry about street roving yard pirates, but the neighbors have their own collection of entitlement issues you may run up against.

This is SoCal, like fences, Video makes good neighbors.

Get a Ring/Nest doorbell.
Install MyQ for your garage so you are notified if you leave it open. Lock your doors and windows when you leave the house.
Be careful what's in your trash...don't make it obvious you're disposing of boxes for 80" TV's or Louis Vuitton boxes and shopping bags.

Thank you for stating that you are going to be an OH Reserve resident, I would say your selection of security systems would be quite different than say your typical "Portola Springs" or "Woodbury" riff raff.  Only the best for OH Reserves.  #herehere

best_potsticker_in_town said:
Get a Ring/Nest doorbell.
Install MyQ for your garage so you are notified if you leave it open. Lock your doors and windows when you leave the house.
Be careful what's in your trash...don't make it obvious you're disposing of boxes for 80" TV's or Louis Vuitton boxes and shopping bags.

People wear masks and hoods. Ring camera not effective unless they get the license plate of the vehicle. idk

Back