Covid Booster Poll

Which Covid booster are you going to get?

• J&J

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pfizer

Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Moderna

Votes: 13 52.0%
  • I'm not vaxed

• I have morekaos immunity

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Other

• Total voters

irvinehomeowner

Seems like regardless of the first vax you got... Moderna is probably the best booster for all 3.

In my unscientific sample size, most of my friends/relatives had a stronger reaction to Moderna so it may be the stronger of the 3 (I believe it also has the highest dosage amount).

What are you planning on getting?

My employer had a vaccination day set up, but did not specify which vaccine would be administered. When I got there I was offered only Moderna and went ahead with it. The boosters are 1/2 of the 1st dose. Zero side effects of the 1st shot (soreness, fatigue), other than gaining the ability to read minds and a 6th finger on my left hand that had sprouted overnight.  ;)

irvinehomeowner said:
Seems like regardless of the first vax you got... Moderna is probably the best booster for all 3.

In my unscientific sample size, most of my friends/relatives had a stronger reaction to Moderna so it may be the stronger of the 3 (I believe it also has the highest dosage amount).

My unscientific sample size agrees with your sample size. All the co-workers/friends/family members that I know had bad reaction to Moderna while little to no reaction to Pfizer. My wife, my son, and I all got Pfizer. I was planning to get Pfizer booster, but after reading the article, and given that Moderna booster might be made eligible for everyone first, I might get the Moderna booster. But I'm a bit concern about the reaction.  ;D

zovall already posted the LA Times article but from what I read:

For both J&J and Pfizer, the Moderna booster was way out in front. For Moderna, Pfizer increase 11x and Moderna 10x... so very close.

I think I'm going to give Moderna a "shot". :)

CalBears96 said:
irvinehomeowner said:

My unscientific sample size agrees with your sample size. All the co-workers/friends/family members that I know had bad reaction to Moderna while little to no reaction to Pfizer. My wife, my son, and I all got Pfizer. I was planning to get Pfizer booster, but after reading the article, and given that Moderna booster might be made eligible for everyone first, I might get the Moderna booster. But I'm a bit concern about the reaction.  ;D

I got pfizer and I got dry eye bad enough that I had to just shut my eyes for a couple days and couldn't go outside..... the photosensitivity is the issue with that. I have two preexisting conditions which give me that anyway which has been under control for years. Probably just made it worse. Got it with both shots and yes it is a known side effect. Second shot I also got thrombophlebitis which is also a known side effect. Maybe my pre existing bleeding issue contributed.

Hubby got Moderna and only had a sore arm both times. The first and second Moderna shots have three times the dose as pfizer so maybe it was a good thing that I got Pfizer. I think the booster moderna is supposed to be half dose but not sure of their final decision on that.

I had Pfizer and Pfizer booster.  My booster reaction was a slightly improved reaction to my 2nd Pfizer shot.  2 days of fatigue, overall aches and mild headache.  First round was three days.

All my doctor friends have suggested Moderna was the best option for booster...I got my 3rd shot last week. My body is now capable of emitting 6G cell frequencies. I'm a superior human being.

I think people should rotate between Pfizer, Moderna and J&J. Once every 3 months:
1. It is free. Well at least your tax dollars paid for it.
2. The more jabs, the more anti bodies.

akula1488 said:
I think people should rotate between Pfizer, Moderna and J&J. Once every 3 months:

I would rotate between Pfizer and Moderna, but J&J is inferior to those two, so I wouldn't waste my time on it.

akula1488 said:

Sure people will listen to you. Arent you against the vacccine?
Why is he complaining about $10-$30 (estimate) a shot? Also, private insurance cover the cost with the government. It is a lot cheaper to get the vaccine than dealing with the hospital bills and post covid effects.

CalBears96 said:
akula1488 said:

I would rotate between Pfizer and Moderna, but J&J is inferior to those two, so I wouldn't waste my time on it.

J&J has a different mechanism of working. There is value in having that.

I am against the mandate and not against the vaccine.
For people who want to be vaccinated, knowing the effectiveness of the vaccine, it is better for them to jab up every 3 months and rotate between different kinds of vaccine to achieve the optimal antibody level.
eyephone said:
akula1488 said:

Sure people will listen to you. Arent you against the vacccine?
Why is he complaining about $10-$30 (estimate) a shot? Also, private insurance cover the cost with the government. It is a lot cheaper to get the vaccine than dealing with the hospital bills and post covid effects.

I scheduled with CVS. In the scheduler they tell you which stores have which booster. Haven't gotten my shot yet though.

USCTrojanCPA said:
Do you just schedule the booster with CVS or Walgreens?

Back