New Listing - 2-level Townhome in Redondo Beach (2005 Carnegie Lane Unit #C)

usctrojancpa

Earlier this week I listed a 2-level townhome in the north part of Redondo Beach on MLS for one of my of my clients who purchased a home in Irvine recently. The home features 3 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms along with 1,760sf of living space. The home is listed at $1,150,000.

PM or email me if you are interested in seeing the home. I'll be hosting an open house today from 1-4pm.

Here is the Redfin link:
https://www.redfin.com/CA/Redondo-Beach/2005-Carnegie-Ln-90278/unit-C/home/8147855

OCtoSV said:
this will go fast at that price. Decent area.

Yeah, it's a cool area close to the beach and away from busy streets and within a short walk of the elementary school.  We good turnout at Sunday's open house with 31 sets of perspective buyers coming by. 

OCtoSV said:
do you think you'll get $1.5M?

No, not that high as it is an attached townhome with the master and living area upstairs.  We'll be well into the $1.2s.  We 2 more offers come in today so we are up to 5 total. 

USCTrojanCPA said:
OCtoSV said:

No, not that high as it is an attached townhome with the master and living area upstairs.  We'll be well into the $1.2s.  We 2 more offers come in today so we are up to 5 total.

wow - that is cheap for being in a relatively nice part of the SB with some of the best schools in LA County. I always thought that area would sell for a premium over Irvine but this seems comparable to a nice attached condo in Irvine.

OCtoSV said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
OCtoSV said:

wow - that is cheap for being in a relatively nice part of the SB with some of the best schools in LA County. I always thought that area would sell for a premium over Irvine but this seems comparable to a nice attached condo in Irvine.

Yeah, it's only because it's an attached townhome but it'll still sell around $700/sf which is higher than what Irvine homes trade for on average.  If it was a true single family residence the pricing would be closer to  $800-$1,000/sf.

Ahh, this is memory lanes. My old stomping ground.

When I was a kid, we use to go to Redondo Beach pier and play video games in the under ground arcade with quarter coins.

I would always try to get my 10 quarters last half an hour or longer of entertainment.

The good ol' days.

Yeah considering a good schools for the area is what really selling the location aside from closer to the beach. I did a street views and I am still amazed how packed and old it looks now with all those wires over the head, yet still command premium pricing. Goes to show, good school really matters in keeping the price of the homes high.

Compressed-Village said:
Ahh, this is memory lanes. My old stomping ground.

When I was a kid, we use to go to Redondo Beach pier and play video games in the under ground arcade with quarter coins.

I would always try to get my 10 quarters last half an hour or longer of entertainment.

The good ol' days.

Yeah considering a good schools for the area is what really selling the location aside from closer to the beach. I did a street views and I am still amazed how packed and old it looks now with all those wires over the head, yet still command premium pricing. Goes to show, good school really matters in keeping the price of the homes high.

You know, it's kind of fun for me to out outside of Orange County and sell homes in areas that are totally different than what I normally help clients buy and sell.  I never figured that the back unit trade at a premium but discovered that in my analysis and from talking to the owners.  Next month I'm going to have a West LA listing which will be a first listing in that area so another interesting area with comparable sales all over the board.

Got word from escrow that we closed today.  The closing price was $1,278,000 but the interesting part is that we had a $1,300,000 offer from another buyer (a agent/buyer) but her offer was not written well, she did 1 transaction a year, and didn't understand the concept of removing the appraisal contingency even though she agreed to it in saying how she'll want the price to be lowered to the appraised value if it comes in lower.  I had a bad feeling about the $1,300,000 buyer and recommended that we go with the $1,278,000 buyer because they were strong and had an agent that did a lot of business in the area who wrote a very clean offer (working with a good buyer agent is important when on the listing side).  Congrats to both the buyer and seller.

AccidentalAnalytics said:
Thanks for the inside tips. Curious, how?s the West LA / South Bay markets compared to Irvine at the moment?

Definitely less buyer traffic (agent showings and open house traffic) than Irvine and relatively more competing inventory in LA.  Prices per SF are higher but those areas don't have Mello Roos.  On the buyer side in LA for homes that had a broad buyer pool did get multiple offers as well. 

Back