Homeowners insurance, high fire risk?

Looking into homeowners insurance in OH area/north irvine and have been rejected by a few companies citing they don't insure here due to fire risk. Any insurance companies any of you can recommend that have insured in this area?

One of my clients bought a home in Hidden Hills (high fire zone) and got insurance coverage from the following State Farm agent.

Gary & Diane Sinner
State Farm Agent
6535 Wilshire Blvd
Suite 117
Los Angeles, CA - 90048-4962
Mon-Fri 8:30 am to 5:30 pm (PST)
Evenings & Weekends by Appt
Phone: (323) 651-4775
diane.sinner.gawe@statefarm.com

The only other options were Llyods of London and Chubb but at more than twice the cost.

My house burned.
State farm gave me lots of money
State farm still insures my house.

I am long time customer.

I have a rental in Lake Elsinore, which is more high fire risk, I think, that Nationwide refused to renew this November.

I worked with two insurance brokers, and one got me McGraw Pacific Specialty Insurance and the other one got me Foremost Insurance. Foremost quoted me about $300 cheaper, so I went with that.

State farm gives you a pretty good discount if you get auto too. But it still wasn't worth it for me because USAA auto rate is much better. They gave me a terrible homeowners quote though. I ended up going with lemonade

GEICO uses 3rd party for home insurance, so there's no discount with auto too. I used to have GEICO auto and Nationwide home insurance. Then home insurance got too expensive, and I tried to switch to GEICO, and they told me that. I ended up switching to Mercury for both home and auto.

I have lemonade for my home policy but it went up about 20% from last year...from about $85 per month to a little over $100 per month but still cheaper than other providers.

CalBears96 said:
GEICO uses 3rd party for home insurance, so there's no discount with auto too. I used to have GEICO auto and Nationwide home insurance. Then home insurance got too expensive, and I tried to switch to GEICO, and they told me that. I ended up switching to Mercury for both home and auto.

This isn't true. Homesite gave us a 10% discount for going with Geico. Unfortunately, even with that discount, our new premium (that I just paid) is more than $250/mo. I should have shopped around..

HMart said:
CalBears96 said:

This isn't true. Homesite gave us a 10% discount for going with Geico. Unfortunately, even with that discount, our new premium (that I just paid) is more than $250/mo. I should have shopped around..

Maybe they've changed their policy, but when I asked the Geico agent before (around Oct 2019) if they had discount for home/auto combo, he told me Geico used 3rd party for home insurance.

CalBears96 said:
HMart said:
CalBears96 said:

Maybe they've changed their policy, but when I asked the Geico agent before (around Oct 2019) if they had discount for home/auto combo, he told me Geico used 3rd party for home insurance.

I used Geico for my Las Vegas home insurance policy and the home insurance provider is Liberty Mutual.

Hi - I'm considering a few sites in OH specifically the Reserve.  My insurance broker has looked into a few providers and they are 4000 plus a year for premiums.  Is this standard? Thx.

Back