Author Topic: The Landing Tustin Legacy (Brookfield Residential)  (Read 7121 times)

Offline CalBears96

• O.C. Resident
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 25
  • -Received: 56
Re: The Landing Tustin Legacy (Brookfield Residential)
« Reply #75 on: December 27, 2021, 04:57:13 PM »
One of the negatives has been addressed and that is the schools with kids going to Heritage and the STEM middle/high school. You will always have the "but it's not Irvine" thing which Irvinites will always throw at you but if you like the place you're living, then u like the place your living.

Personally, I care more about liking the place I'm living. I mean, it's not like TUSD is bad or anything. And personally, knowing our son, I prefer not to be in IUSD. I mean, he's smart, but I don't want him to be stressed out competing against those Irvine kids. He needs to have a social life.

Offline sleepy5136

• O.C. Resident
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 4
  • -Received: 45
« Reply #76 on: December 27, 2021, 04:58:23 PM »

So imo, those places in Tustin are going to go quickly. How many buyers have a senior in high school? Doubtful any. They can go to Heritage Elementary and Tustin Legacy Magnet middle/high school which will be up to 11th grade in the fall. In fact, I'm betting that is going to be a good school, one that people will want their kids to go to.

I'm interested because I already have my kids (1st grade) going to Heritage as transfers so all of their friends who live in the area will be going to the middle/high school. I'm not that interested in living in the Landing when they open since they are still a few years away. What's my best option?

1) Buy a place at the Landing and rent it out for a few years until they start middle school. Sell it after they are done with school in ~12 years.
2) Try to transfer to school but assuming they don't get in, buy a place in the Legacy area when they are about to start middle school. Sell it after they are done with school in ~7 years. I'm worried that prices will be much higher by then.
3) Same as #2 but find a rental
4) Something else?

I don't have a solution for you, but these just sold in that area:

Sheldon:
https://www.redfin.com/CA/Tustin/16-Barnes-Rd-92782/home/105485734

Levity:
https://www.redfin.com/CA/Tustin/82-Ballast-Pt-92782/home/173438495

Not a lot of sales come up in the area but those make me think Cira will go quickly if they open at $1.2 million.

One of the negatives has been addressed and that is the schools with kids going to Heritage and the STEM middle/high school. You will always have the "but it's not Irvine" thing which Irvinites will always throw at you but if you like the place you're living, then u like the place your living.
Do people really say that it’s not Irvine? I would respond back asking how much money are you spending in MR with their 3 step backyard lot line. Maybe even ask how it feels being squeezed in like sardines and hearing their neighbors flush their toilets.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2021, 05:26:05 PM by sleepy5136 »

Offline Irvinehomeseeker

• O.C. Resident
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 101
  • -Received: 55
« Reply #77 on: December 27, 2021, 05:24:16 PM »
I would respond back asking how much money are you spending in MR with their 3 step backyard lot line. Maybe even ask it is being squeezed in like sardines and hearing their neighbors flush their toilets.
But they may say "It's in Irvine" and so okay  ;D

Offline Ochomebuyer

• Thanks
  • -Given: 1
  • -Received: 0
« Reply #78 on: December 28, 2021, 12:50:04 PM »

So imo, those places in Tustin are going to go quickly. How many buyers have a senior in high school? Doubtful any. They can go to Heritage Elementary and Tustin Legacy Magnet middle/high school which will be up to 11th grade in the fall. In fact, I'm betting that is going to be a good school, one that people will want their kids to go to.

I'm interested because I already have my kids (1st grade) going to Heritage as transfers so all of their friends who live in the area will be going to the middle/high school. I'm not that interested in living in the Landing when they open since they are still a few years away. What's my best option?

1) Buy a place at the Landing and rent it out for a few years until they start middle school. Sell it after they are done with school in ~12 years.
2) Try to transfer to school but assuming they don't get in, buy a place in the Legacy area when they are about to start middle school. Sell it after they are done with school in ~7 years. I'm worried that prices will be much higher by then.
3) Same as #2 but find a rental
4) Something else?

Just an FYI… the Brookfield sales team informed me that there are no rentals allowed in the first year

Offline cupcakezzz

• Thanks
  • -Given: 3
« Reply #79 on: January 14, 2022, 10:24:12 PM »
Hello, I was wondering if anyone can answer this question since you all seem very knowledgeable.

- Are there any cons about owning just the airspace and not the land?

I’ve always thought it was a bad thing, but now I’m not sure. Cira is labeled as a detached condo, so we will only own the airspace. Made me reconsider getting something at the Meadows since those are SFRs, but I like the Tustin location.

Hope someone can help! Thank you.

Offline Irvinehomeseeker

• O.C. Resident
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 101
  • -Received: 55
« Reply #80 on: January 14, 2022, 10:28:48 PM »
Hello, I was wondering if anyone can answer this question since you all seem very knowledgeable.

I’ve always thought it was a bad thing, but now I’m not sure. Cira is labeled as a detached condo, so we will only own the airspace. Made me reconsider getting something at the Meadows since those are SFRs, but I like the Tustin location.

I am not sure about Tustin, but in Irvine - A detached condo with a lot line means you own the land.

Offline sleepy5136

• O.C. Resident
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 4
  • -Received: 45
« Reply #81 on: January 14, 2022, 11:57:40 PM »

I think you should focus more on your non-negotiable(s) in your future home instead of airspace. Owning a detached condo isn’t necessarily a bad thing if you know what you sign up for. Generally the lots are smaller so your backyard will be small. You generally have a motor court that you share with your neighbors and rarely a driveway with new builds.

For meadows, oaks & willows, will have a motor court but you get a driveway and a bigger yard than detached condos but not that much bigger generally. TBH depending on when you signed into the list, you may not even get a lot at this point.

The following member(s) thanked this post:

Offline cupcakezzz

• Thanks
« Reply #82 on: January 15, 2022, 09:18:22 AM »

I am not sure about Tustin, but in Irvine - A detached condo with a lot line means you own the land.

Interesting. For The Landing, I asked the sales people directly and they said it’s only airspace for Cira since it’s a detached condo.

Offline cupcakezzz

• Thanks
« Reply #83 on: January 15, 2022, 09:28:38 AM »

I think you should focus more on your non-negotiable(s) in your future home instead of airspace. Owning a detached condo isn’t necessarily a bad thing if you know what you sign up for. Generally the lots are smaller so your backyard will be small. You generally have a motor court that you share with your neighbors and rarely a driveway with new builds.

For meadows, oaks & willows, will have a motor court but you get a driveway and a bigger yard than detached condos but not that much bigger generally. TBH depending on when you signed into the list, you may not even get a lot at this point.

Thank you. That helps. I was just worried about what it actually meant to just own airspace…like they can take the land or something. Haha

It looks like I wouldn’t have much of a choice anyway since I know I’m pretty far down the list with Meadows. I was looking at the Parklands or Redwoods for that community though, so it’s a little different since I don’t they are motor court homes. Either way, they’re sold out too for now.  :'(

Talk Irvine Links

[Recent Posts]
[FAQ / Rules]

Site Supporters

Recent Posts

Re: Dow? by sleepy5136
[Today at 01:30:21 AM]

Re: Dow? by daedalus
[Yesterday at 11:35:24 PM]

Re: Renewable diesel (different from biodiesel) by daedalus
[Yesterday at 11:26:07 PM]

Re: Dow? by CalBears96