University of California

On Sept. 8, a study was posted on a site where researchers share preliminary versions of scientific papers. It concluded that for boys ages 12-15, the risk of heart problems after a second dose of the COVID-19 vaccine is 3.7 to 6.1 higher than their risk of being hospitalized for COVID-19 as of Aug. 21.

Pediatric hospitalization rates have gone up since then, and the study?s lead author acknowledged the figure is lower now and no longer accurate.

Meanwhile, public health officials have also said that COVID-19 infections alone commonly lead to instances of myocarditis and pericarditis and that, in those cases, damage to the heart is frequently severe.

The CDC study estimated that for every million second doses of vaccine administered to boys ages 12 to 17, vaccination would prevent, on average, 5,700 COVID-19 cases, 215 COVID-19 hospitalizations, 71 ICU admissions, and two deaths. By comparison, there would be an expected 56 to 69 cases of myocarditis. The risks were found to be significantly lower for girls.

"The CDC continues to recommend that children aged 12 years and older get vaccinated for COVID-19," CDC spokesperson Martha Sharan said. "The known risks of COVID-19 illness and its related, possibly severe complications, such as long-term health problems, hospitalization, and even death, far outweigh the potential risks of having a rare adverse reaction to vaccination, including the possible risk of myocarditis or pericarditis."

Basically an alarmist article distorting the impacts.  Most important info when you follow up with reputable sources shows that post vaccine myocarditis is typically mild and quickly resolves itself with short term (2 days) observation.

Pretty simple 71 go to the ICU without vaccine, 60ish, talk to their doctor and take an ibuprofen for a couple days.
https://www.politifact.com/article/2021/sep/20/doubts-raised-over-preprint-study-regarding-myocar/

For anti Vaxxers (or pro choice), what's the safest vaccine they need to take if their livelihood is on the line? Covaxin since it is developed traditionally but it is not yet approved in the US? If US does not approve Covaxin so people on the fence have less excuses, but want a vaccine mandate , what does that tell us about the vaccine mandate itself? That Pfizer has more lobbiest and congress members have quite bit of equity?

Another conspiracy or attempt to make fun of the vaccine. I love it!
Some of them believe that the vaccine is magnetic.

They cant stop talking against the vaccine. In the mean time, innocent people are dying because they believed their crap.

They are against this and against that. Next thing they will be against other vaccines and seat belts.

akula1488 said:
For anti Vaxxers (or pro choice), what's the safest vaccine they need to take if their livelihood is on the line? Covaxin since it is developed traditionally but it is not yet approved in the US? If US does not approve Covaxin so people on the fence have less excuses, but want a vaccine mandate , what does that tell us about the vaccine mandate itself? That Pfizer has more lobbiest and congress members have quite bit of equity?

Pfizer and Moderna had the highest efficacy rate against COVID-19 when they were approved for emergency use. It's only recently that Covaxin reached 77.8% efficacy rate against COVID-19 infections. Why would you want to use an inferior product. And outside of India, it's been approved for emergency use in 15 countries, most of which are third world country. Again, why would anyone in the US want to use an inferior product? There is NO excuse not to get vaccinated. The vaccinate mandate is 100% correct decision by the government. It's to save dumb people against their stupidity. And save others as well.

Her daughter is not even on regular vaccine schedule and she has other shots she needs to take before COVID vaccine. Let that sink in for a moment. Not saying vaccine is bad or not but if you want to push a mandate for 5 year and above to be vaccinated yet your own children are not, just bad look.

eyephone said:
fatduck said:
nosuchreality said:
akula1488 said:
Newsoms 12 year daughter is not yet vaccinated.

She?s been twelve for two weeks.

A really despicable  line of rationalizing, imho.
truly shocking from username1488

This is how low they will go.

One of Newsom's kids lacks vaccine despite mandate, report says
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/newsoms-kid-lacks-vaccine-despite-mandate

The article states that the daughter has an appointment soon.
I have a question for Fox News. Why do they have a vaccine/mask policy at their work place? But many of the hosts are against the vaccine. Kind of weird.

I have another question. Why does Governor Desantis from Florida have the covid vaccine. But his policies and statements contradict that. Sorry plebs as long as he is safe. It is okay.

akula1488 said:
Her daughter is not even on regular vaccine schedule and she has other shots she needs to take before COVID vaccine. Let that sink in for a moment. Not saying vaccine is bad or not but if you want to push a mandate for 5 year and above to be vaccinated yet your own children are not, just bad look.

eyephone said:
fatduck said:
nosuchreality said:
akula1488 said:
Newsoms 12 year daughter is not yet vaccinated.

She?s been twelve for two weeks.

A really despicable  line of rationalizing, imho.
truly shocking from username1488

This is how low they will go.

eyephone said:

I have a question for Fox News. Why do they have a vaccine/mask policy at their work place? But many of the hosts are against the vaccine. Kind of weird.

I have another question. Why does Governor Desantis from Florida have the covid vaccine. But his policies and statements contradict that. Sorry plebs as long as he is safe. It is okay.

You would think that anyone with a brain would ask, "why are these people pushing anti-vax stance when they themselves have been fully vaccinated?"

Fox New has vaccine mandate and Tucker Carlson, who's fully vaccinated, keeps pushing anti-vax stance.

Florida Governor Ron DeSantis and Texas Governor Greg Abbott are fully vaccinated, but they ban vaccine and mask mandates.

Why, you ask. The answer is very simple. They want this pandemic to drag on so that Biden will get blamed for it. And the anti-vaxxers are the ones paying the price for it.

CalBears96 said:
eyephone said:

You would think that anyone with a brain would ask, "why are these people pushing anti-vax stance when they themselves have been fully vaccinated?"

Fox New has vaccine mandate and Tucker Carlson, who's fully vaccinated, keeps pushing anti-vax stance.

Florida Governor Ron DeSantis and Texas Governor Greg Abbott are fully vaccinated, but they ban vaccine and mask mandates.

Why, you ask. The answer is very simple. They want this pandemic to drag on so that Biden will get blamed for it. And the anti-vaxxers are the ones paying the price for it.

I agree they want to drag it on. But the anti vaxers also bood when key republican figures brought up the vaccine. In my opinion the republican party got taken over by the conspiracy theorists. It is really unfortunate. I know there are republicans that got the vaccine, but they are not speaking against the other side of the party.

Wasn't it Trump who pushed for Operation Warp Speed and touted it whenever he could?

So dumb how this is really based on politics and not logic.

irvinehomeowner said:
Wasn't it Trump who pushed for Operation Warp Speed and touted it whenever he could?

So dumb how this is really based on politics and not logic.

The problem is that Trump was down playing COVID-19 while also wanting to take credit for the vaccine.

eyephone said:
I know there are republicans that got the vaccine, but they are not speaking against the other side of the party.

They are afraid of the pushback from Trump's base. I mean, even Trump got booed by his own base whenever he brought up vaccination. And Sean Hannity got plenty of pushback when he encouraged his audience to consider vaccination.

Back