Whealthy (next to Fukoda)

momopi

New place opened next to Fukoda in Irvine.  Went to Fukoda and saw that it was still doing take-out only.  Went to Whealthy soft opening next door and found that it's a stir fry place setup somewhat like mongolian BBQ.  You can pick what you want to go with rice or stir fry noodle.  I'd suggest sticking to the basics like noodle/udon and not glass noodles.
https://www.yelp.com/biz/whealthy-irvine-3

Ya I also went to eat Fukada this weekend with the family and was bummed they were doing takeout only.  C'mon open back up already, or at least use the 4-5 tables outside and provide service (sigh).  We ended up going across the street to Burnt Crumbs and getting some (not so healthy) comfort food.

The reviews for Whealthy look decent but the food just doesn't look good to me in the photos. 

Why aren?t some restaurants open inside already? Is it because they can still ?claim? they?re losing business and get the government money or something while actually doing really well with takeouts? Or is it because they?re short in staff since many people actually choose not to work and get the government money instead? Interesting world today...

Mety said:
Why aren?t some restaurants open inside already? Is it because they can still ?claim? they?re losing business and get the government money or something while actually doing really well with takeouts? Or is it because they?re short in staff since many people actually choose not to work and get the government money instead? Interesting world today...

Only the business owners know the real numbers, I presume based on their calculations they are making more with take-out only and less wait staff, otherwise why not re-open and make more money? 

I still can't believe Thai Cafe on Jeffrey and Walnut is take-out only up to this point.  Every time I go in there to pick up food the dining room is more cluttered with boxes and supplies - not sure where they are going to put all those if they ever re-open but it's wasted space for sure.

P.S. at Whealthy you can just grab a table and scan the menu to order & pay from your phone. No need to walk up to counter to order.

hard to believe that they are making money without the huge profits from beverage service.

aquabliss said:
Mety said:

Only the business owners know the real numbers, I presume based on their calculations they are making more with take-out only and less wait staff, otherwise why not re-open and make more money? 

I still can't believe Thai Cafe on Jeffrey and Walnut is take-out only up to this point.  Every time I go in there to pick up food the dining room is more cluttered with boxes and supplies - not sure where they are going to put all those if they ever re-open but it's wasted space for sure.

I've gone to the Whealthy location in Costa Mesa off of Bristol next to Sushi AYCE and L&L Hawaiian BBQ.

It's decent, gets pricey for the large at $10+ when you can do AYCE Mongolian BBQ in Lake Forest for $20 including soup or salad, rice and pocket bread. :)

The other thing is the protein portions are very small.

Mety said:

I'm getting a ton of applicants (10+ a day) for my entry level $20/hr job opening. It makes me think that people who spout "people choose not to work" are ignorant. Will it lead to inflation, sure, but the labor is out there.

Are you offering a solid 8hr/40hr schedule? 

The hiring problems I have been hearing is places that want split-shift (11-2, 5-9) workers, are offering only 4hr/day with call-back availability, or only part-time.

HMart said:
Mety said:

I'm getting a ton of applicants (10+ a day) for my entry level $20/hr job opening. It makes me think that people who spout "people choose not to work" are ignorant. Will it lead to inflation, sure, but the labor is out there.

freedomcm said:
Are you offering a solid 8hr/40hr schedule? 

The hiring problems I have been hearing is places that want split-shift (11-2, 5-9) workers, are offering only 4hr/day with call-back availability, or only part-time.

HMart said:
Mety said:

Yep, M-F office job.

It sounds like workers are in the drivers seat so they are sitting out until they find a job that they feel pays them a reasonable wage.  My guess is that the eviction ban and all of the stimulus money have provided them some savings to be more picky and wait until they a job that pays enough to get them back to work.

Back