Mentor: OC Real Estate Investing Group

the.irvine

There are so many real estate gurus online trying to sell their courses on the real estate, i am not sure how legit they are.

I am trying to learn real estate investing myself, and wondering if there are folks in this group who could help beginners like me and many others, who are looking to generate passive income through RE.

Who is with me to build a small group of folks? We could find a time to meet for lunch and/or coffee and learn from each others experiences.

Please share your thoughts. Anyone is welcome to join, please send me a PM. We need a mix of experienced RE investors, newbies and off-course realtors.

Thank you all, have a lovely weekend.

Meetup.com has several groups.  There's a group called FIBI (for investors, by investors) that is reputable.  They have meetings all over SoCal and I used to attend the OC and Long Beach meetings.  There's a fellow named Scott Mednick that runs a group called OCREForum.com that I found to be good.  He personally invests in storage units and does flips in senior communities.  The undisputed king of investing education in SoCal is Bruce Norris.  He speaks at many of these meetings and was famous for calling the early 2000's boom and then liquidating hundreds of units in 2005 when he called the mid-2000's bust.  Although I haven't paid for his courses, they will probably teach you strategies specific to SoCal that nobody else is teaching.  Bigger Pockets of course has lots of good information and networking opportunities.

Back