Does the All American Asphalt smell affect Eastwood?

wonderboy

For residents of Eastwood, does the asphalt smell from All American Asphalt reach your neighborhood?

If you smell the asphalt, which part of Eastwood are you in - north, middle, or south?

How frequently does it smell and is it consistent at certain times of day?

Thank you.

No does not smell at Eastwood. I have never smelled it.  I cannot say for every location in Eastwood.

Never trust Nextdoor especially a Reddit link that mentions Nextdoor.  Reddit is a cesspool of information and Nextdoor is even worse. 

Wonder, just drive to Eastwood at different times during the day in different sections of the community.  Get out, walk around, and engage your smeller.  This is by far the best way to judge, regardless of what anyone says here, on Reddit or Nextdoor.  Your $1M+ investment should be worth a few hours of self study, after all.

Happy sniffing.

TestingIrvine said:
No does not smell at Eastwood. I have never smelled it.  I cannot say for every location in Eastwood.

Never trust Nextdoor especially a Reddit link that mentions Nextdoor.  Reddit is a cesspool of information and Nextdoor is even worse.

Thank you. Are you able to say from which general location in Eastwood you do not smell it?

aquabliss said:
Wonder, just drive to Eastwood at different times during the day in different sections of the community.  Get out, walk around, and engage your smeller.  This is by far the best way to judge, regardless of what anyone says here, on Reddit or Nextdoor.  Your $1M+ investment should be worth a few hours of self study, after all.

Happy sniffing.

sunflower said:
I heard they mostly emit at night/early morning. Might want to check during then

The reason I was hoping to hear from actual Eastwood residents is that I've heard that the smell is late at night or very early morning, and it's hard for me to be there during those hours.

The few times that I have been to the north side of Eastwood during the afternoon I did not notice any strong smell, other than what I considered to be possible construction smell from all the new builds at Solana and Fresco.

I have not smelt Asaphalt in Eastwood for more than a year.  I can only suspect that the Plant has now controlled its emissions after complaints from nearby residents. Last I smelt was back in early part of 2020 during the midnight to early morning hours, that too occasionally.

I heard that if you leave your windows open you could smell it once in a while. We never opened our windows during those hours and never smelt anything.

We were looking at the Fresco development and did exactly what Aquabliss had suggested and went to the neighborhood around 6 in the evening and noticed a fairly strong scent of asphalt from the car without even getting out.  It was significant enough for us to look elsewhere and we liked the Fresco development very much.

I have never smelled the asphalt in about a year of visiting and now living in the Orchard Hills area. The one time I smelled it near Eastwood village there was literally an asphalt truck getting ready to pave a new road as they developed the neighborhood. I think people are smelling the normal work of construction and attributing it to the plant but it seems transient and due to a clear and short-term cause

I take walk in the EW village in the evenings between 6 to 8 pm, and never smelt asaphalt. Same in the mornings when I drop my kid to the village school.

Irvinehomeseeker said:
I take walk in the EW village in the evenings between 6 to 8 pm, and never smelt asaphalt. Same in the mornings when I drop my kid to the village school.

Are you in the north, middle, or south part of the village?

huuur said:
Does the All American Asphalt smell affect Northwood Pointe? Anyone know?

The smell magically disappears at NW zones. The smell is only at the new constructions by The Irvine Company like EW and OH. Don?t worry. It?s all be gone once they?re fully built and once Five Point is done building at the GP.

Yeah, it?s a sarcasm. There is no smell, guys. If you do smell, it?s not from AAA. Anyone even knows what the asphalt burning smells like?

Back