Author Topic: New communities in Portola Springs  (Read 59302 times)

Offline irvinehomeowner

• The Unicorn Hunter
  • Certified Irvine Addict
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 2782
  • -Received: 4105
  • 3CWG
Re: New communities in Portola Springs
« Reply #480 on: August 01, 2022, 07:03:37 PM »
I've seen that somewhere. Garage and den/bedroom behind it one one side and then Family/Dining/Kitchen in a row from front to back on the other side.

Hah. One of my previous homes was like this. Except it also had a living room and nook and 4 bedrooms and all fit in less than 2000sft... like bones said... very inefficient nowadays.
Once you go 3-car garage... your junk can never go back.
3CWG: 3-Car Wide Garage
FCB: Foreign Cash Buyer
I recommend:
www.irvinerealtorsite.com
member: Soylent Green Is People (loans/refis)

Offline The California Court Company

• What's this?
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 407
  • -Received: 393
« Reply #481 on: August 01, 2022, 08:14:26 PM »
near 2800 soft and no loft is a bummer. with the L shape downstairs there is only one gathering/TV space in the house so loft is desperately needed. i guess you have to trade off with bedroom size upstairs.

My big thing with some of these IPac floorpans is they're not efficient. I saw a Hillside open house a few weeks ago, 2,150sf, 3 beds with no loft. Or the new Azul Plan 1, 2,800sf no loft. Just not sure where the space goes in some of these floor plans.

The L shape is fine. Maybe give me some different front door placements, etc.... something... to spice things up.
"Should any Person come into contact with such fruit, soil or groundwater, such Person is advised to wash thoroughly with soap and water and seek immediate medical attention"-Augusta Disclosure, Tustin Legacy

"You'll probably be able to buy a 4BR detached home in Quail Hill for $150,000."-IndieDev

Offline CalBears96

• Thanks
  • -Given: 39
  • -Received: 147
« Reply #482 on: August 01, 2022, 09:13:31 PM »
My big thing with some of these IPac floorpans is they're not efficient. I saw a Hillside open house a few weeks ago, 2,150sf, 3 beds with no loft. Or the new Azul Plan 1, 2,800sf no loft. Just not sure where the space goes in some of these floor plans.

The L shape is fine. Maybe give me some different front door placements, etc.... something... to spice things up.

Hillside downstairs is pretty nice, but upstairs is a bit cramped.  Even the bedrooms are small, so forget about the loft.

As for Azul, all 3 Plans are disappointing for their respective square footage. I wouldn't trade up my Bluffs 2 for any of them. I would consider Cielo, but the price difference is too much.  :P

Offline USCTrojanCPA

• Your CPA Realtor
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 2944
  • -Received: 2297
« Reply #483 on: August 01, 2022, 10:23:28 PM »

CalPac is the master of space efficiency.  They were able to squeeze in 4bd, 4ba, and high ceiling in the family room with only 1,800sf or 3bd, 4ba, and a loft with only 1,600sf.
Martin Mania, CPA
AgencyOne
CA DRE License # 01799007
CA CPA License # 107675
mmania001@yahoo.com
714-747-3884 cell

Often imitated....Never duplicated!
Have license, will travel!

Offline bones

• Thanks
  • -Given: 213
  • -Received: 1193
« Reply #484 on: August 02, 2022, 07:22:32 AM »

Hillside downstairs is pretty nice, but upstairs is a bit cramped.  Even the bedrooms are small, so forget about the loft.

As for Azul, all 3 Plans are disappointing for their respective square footage. I wouldn't trade up my Bluffs 2 for any of them. I would consider Cielo, but the price difference is too much.  :P

I don't mind the Hillside 3 downstairs - its quite nice with all the windows and the L. I think they wasted a lot of space with that (big) square entry and the 3 step up powder. But then I guess if you take away those things to create a bedroom, you're back to the usual IPac 4th bed downstairs set up :)

• What's this?
  • Thanks
« Reply #485 on: August 02, 2022, 07:29:34 AM »
Hillside plan 3 is a fail. 2100 sqft and no downstairs bedroom?

I don't mind the Hillside 3 downstairs - its quite nice with all the windows and the L. I think they wasted a lot of space with that (big) square entry and the 3 step up powder. But then I guess if you take away those things to create a bedroom, you're back to the usual IPac 4th bed downstairs set up :)
"Should any Person come into contact with such fruit, soil or groundwater, such Person is advised to wash thoroughly with soap and water and seek immediate medical attention"-Augusta Disclosure, Tustin Legacy

"You'll probably be able to buy a 4BR detached home in Quail Hill for $150,000."-IndieDev

Offline bones

• Thanks
  • -Given: 213
  • -Received: 1193
« Reply #486 on: August 02, 2022, 07:31:22 AM »
Hillside plan 3 is a fail. 2100 sqft and no downstairs bedroom?

Nope. But can be yours for $1.6m. I know I'm not IPac's target audience but I would like to be :)
Great locations (minus the fire risk, I guess) for some of these tracts and wasted on products like Hillside.

Offline irviniteeee

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 55
  • -Received: 80
« Reply #487 on: August 02, 2022, 11:41:32 AM »

CalPac is the master of space efficiency.  They were able to squeeze in 4bd, 4ba, and high ceiling in the family room with only 1,800sf or 3bd, 4ba, and a loft with only 1,600sf.

Love CalPac. They're the efficiency pros. A friend of mine lives in a Sage plan 4 in QH (Cortile, Aldea, Chantory are all the same tracts). Less than 1500 square feet, but has a downstairs bedroom and a loft upstairs. Such a great use of space. I kind of wish IP never became a thing, because CalPac used to be the IP of today. TIC used them all over.

• What's this?
  • Thanks
« Reply #488 on: August 02, 2022, 11:59:54 AM »
sage plan 4 in QH either has 2 BR + LOFT or 3 BR upstairs, not 3 BR + LOFT…it is impossible to have 4 BR + LOFT with 1 BR downstairs in 1500 SQFT.

Love CalPac. They're the efficiency pros. A friend of mine lives in a Sage plan 4 in QH (Cortile, Aldea, Chantory are all the same tracts). Less than 1500 square feet, but has a downstairs bedroom and a loft upstairs. Such a great use of space. I kind of wish IP never became a thing, because CalPac used to be the IP of today. TIC used them all over.

Offline irviniteeee

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
« Reply #489 on: August 02, 2022, 12:17:11 PM »
sage plan 4 in QH either has 2 BR + LOFT or 3 BR upstairs, not 3 BR + LOFT…it is impossible to have 4 BR + LOFT with 1 BR downstairs in 1500 SQFT.

I'm aware. I never said anything about the number of bedrooms, especially not 4 + a loft lol. Also, you can have 3 beds + a loft in that plan.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2022, 12:22:23 PM by irviniteeee »

Offline sleepy5136

• O.C. Resident
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 7
  • -Received: 56
« Reply #490 on: August 02, 2022, 04:14:34 PM »

I actually think this floor plan is very efficient. Everything can be done downstairs for the homeowners. Owners suite, kitchen, laundry, 5 step access to the pool from the owners suite, dining, etc. Too bad it's in LF right? :)

Offline irviniteeee

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
« Reply #491 on: August 02, 2022, 04:59:30 PM »

I actually think this floor plan is very efficient. Everything can be done downstairs for the homeowners. Owners suite, kitchen, laundry, 5 step access to the pool from the owners suite, dining, etc. Too bad it's in LF right? :)

Barely even LF. It's so far out. That neighborhood is in the weird gray area on the tip of MV, RSM, & LF.

• What's this?
  • Thanks
« Reply #492 on: August 02, 2022, 05:43:05 PM »
lol for those who cannot read Chinese, the title says “Takes RMB in full” so this listing is one of the listings that seller can take all cash in RMB. Chinese FCBs (both seller and buyer) is not a myth guys.

Barely even LF. It's so far out. That neighborhood is in the weird gray area on the tip of MV, RSM, & LF.

Offline CalBears96

• Thanks
  • -Given: 39
  • -Received: 147
« Reply #493 on: August 02, 2022, 08:05:44 PM »

This is by The Oaks in Portola Hills, right? My brother-in-law bought one on the next street (Viejo Ridge). I mean, for the size, the price is good, but my wife doesn't like the classical style house. I asked her several times to go check them out, but she refused after seeing Bluffs in PS. I guess she's an IP target audience.  ;D

We were offered Soria 3 and almost bought it. She kept saying how scary it was thinking about if we did buy it and she really would have regretted the decision. But we did get our Bluffs 2 with a relatively big lot, so it's all good.  ;D

Offline Sysko

• Tourist
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 10
  • -Received: 30
« Reply #494 on: August 06, 2022, 12:02:12 AM »
We went over to our new home today because we had washer/dryer delivery. Also moved in some smaller things. We found out from the neighbor next to us that the buyer across from us is planning to rent out his Bluffs 2 for $6,000. And when we went out for lunch, we saw "Open House" sign at the neighbor diagonal from us.

When we got back from lunch, we talked to the realtor. She told us that the buyer just bought in OH, so they're selling their Bluffs 1. So they bought it for $1.438M, which came with about $6k pre-selected upgrades. Then, they only upgraded flooring in kitchen, great room, and hallway to what looks like LVP. They didn't even have the decency of upgrading flooring in bedroom 4 (downstairs), also. It was really ugly seeing LVP meet carpet.

Anyway, according to the realtor, listing price is $1.8M. That seems VERY ridiculous to me considering the Bluffs 1 (same lot size) that IP just released went for $1.747M. I mean, I would understand if the buyer did it 3-4 months ago before the interest rate jumped and buyer interest hasn't waned, but $1.8M for a condo right now?  ;D

I have 3 words for that realtor....NOT GONNA HAPPEN!  Having nice tasteful upgraded along with good staging go a long way in all kinds of markets, including one of that's cooling off. 

Is it this listing?

https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/124-Poppyseed-92618/home/179805481

That staging is HORRIBLE, either do it right or don't do it at all.  And I love the written description, I would be fuming if I were the seller for this kind of effort on my realtor's part.  But yeah, this one will sit for a while until the price comes down.

Price has been reduced by $29K since the last price reduction

Talk Irvine Links

[Recent Posts]
[FAQ / Rules]

Site Supporters

Recent Posts

Sign IRS 4506 and lose mortgage? Window of 3.... by Squashpro19
[Today at 09:03:16 AM]

Re: Colleges Weigh New Admissions Strategies by nosuchreality
[Today at 08:44:35 AM]

Re: INFLATION IS OUR FRIEND by nosuchreality
[Today at 08:40:40 AM]