New communities in Portola Springs

abhinata

We know there is CalPacific new community coming in Fall/Winter 2021.

Do we know if Irvine Pacific is going to be building new community by the Highland/Altair area? Or some other builder?

Thanks

abhinata said:

Do we know if Irvine Pacific is going to be building new community by the Highland/Altair area? Or some other builder?

Thanks

Curious too.

abhinata said:

Thanks
I talked to the Highland and Hillside sales consultants a couple of weeks ago.

The Highland sales consultant said that there's possible Highland extension, but she said that it's certain since she was hearing one thing one week and something else next week.  The takeaway is POSSIBLE Highland extension.

The Hillside sale consultant said that there could be a new community with a 4 bedrooms version of Hillside, but with all 4 bedrooms upstairs.

Anyway, those are just what they said were possible, nothing concrete.

This make sense given the land availability near Hillside and Highlands. They are both being graded and roads + utilities are being put in. My suspect is we would by December or early next year! Thanks for sharing with the sales consultant.

Are you all talking about the area where Dreamcatcher street terminates into a bunch of culdesac streets, south of Highland Park?

I thought that I had read somewhere that this area was allocated to SFH much larger than the Highland houses...

Is this area elevated enough to have any views?

I believe the area lends itself to better views than Highland based on its location. One side looks over Altair and the west side looks over Juniper.

In terms of what might be developed, the Irvine Company is very good at determining market demands.  It?s really just best guess, Highland extension - sure makes sense.  Ravello extension at a slightly lower cost would do well to.  Also they could introduce a completely new product.

Only time will tell.

Slevinkelevra said:
I believe the area lends itself to better views than Highland based on its location. One side looks over Altair and the west side looks over Juniper.

In terms of what might be developed, the Irvine Company is very good at determining market demands.  It?s really just best guess, Highland extension - sure makes sense.  Ravello extension at a slightly lower cost would do well to.  Also they could introduce a completely new product.

Only time will tell.
I would rather Irvine Company build more Bluffs than Ravello. I need to get a Bluffs home in Portola Springs.  ;D

Slevinkelevra said:

Only time will tell.

That area is ready to go. Roads are being built but no signs of model home construction as yet. I guess these would be larger homes.

The construction has halted for time being as far as i can tell. Maybe if this belongs to Irvine Company they are focussing on finishing up Highlands by 2022 Q2. I am expecting some activity or announcement by 2021 Q4 or early 2022.

abhinata said:
The construction has halted for time being as far as i can tell. Maybe if this belongs to Irvine Company they are focussing on finishing up Highlands by 2022 Q2. I am expecting some activity or announcement by 2021 Q4 or early 2022.
I don't know if IP can finish up Bluffs/Highland by 2022 Q2. Q3 is probably more likely. When I was talking to Bluffs consultant, she said that they have 13 phases remaining and they release once a month. I counted about 60 lots remaining and they release about 4 homes per phase, so that sounds about right.

I hope IP will have at least 2 communities there, so in case I can't get a Bluffs or Highland (plan 1) home, I can go for the new ones.

Mety said:
Slower they build, more money they get.

Unless the housing market crashes.
Sometimes I wonder if they are doing this on purpose since they are the ones that can control the supply of more homes in the market or not.

As for the point of more money, apparently that is not the case from talking to a builder agent recently. Because labor and materials are increasing at such a rapid pace that the price increase they do means they aren't really profiting as much as one may think.

eyephone said:
I assume they wouldnt start and continue this project if the numbers were not good.
You can see the numbers for Lennar/TB/Pulte etc since they are public companies. All their stocks tanked after their recent earnings since they aren't able to close in time in addition to the items I mentioned.

sleepy5136 said:
Mety said:
Slower they build, more money they get.

Unless the housing market crashes.
Sometimes I wonder if they are doing this on purpose since they are the ones that can control the supply of more homes in the market or not.

As for the point of more money, apparently that is not the case from talking to a builder agent recently. Because labor and materials are increasing at such a rapid pace that the price increase they do means they aren't really profiting as much as one may think.

You bet they do that on purpose. They stopped building when the housing crashed last time. It's just a business on their end and they need to do whatever makes more profit. Period.

As for labor and materials, releasing slower with higher price tags will cover those easily and still make more profit for the builder even if they have to pay more for workers and materials.

Do I agree and praise that they're doing? No. But again, it's a business. We do whatever makes us pay less. They do whatever makes us pay more.

CalBears96 said:
abhinata said:
I don't know if IP can finish up Bluffs/Highland by 2022 Q2. Q3 is probably more likely. When I was talking to Bluffs consultant, she said that they have 13 phases remaining and they release once a month. I counted about 60 lots remaining and they release about 4 homes per phase, so that sounds about right.

I hope IP will have at least 2 communities there, so in case I can't get a Bluffs or Highland (plan 1) home, I can go for the new ones.

What is current price point for Bluffs and Highland? They started from ~1.2M range i think

the.irvine said:
CalBears96 said:
abhinata said:

What is current price point for Bluffs and Highland? They started from ~1.2M range i think
In the last release:

Bluffs Res 1 - $1.346M
Bluffs Res 2X - $1.54M (view lot)

Highland Res 1 - $1.519M (small lot)
Highland Res 1 - $1.59M (bigger lot)
Highland Res 2 - $1.61M (non view lot)
Highland Res 2X - $1.71M (view lot)

They both should have new releases this week. Highland confirmed she's working on new releases right now. Haven't got confirmation from Bluffs yet.

Just got the latest Bluffs price sheet:

Res 1 - $1.365M (2633 lot size)
Res 1 - $1.41M (3216 lot size)
Res 1 - $1.51M (6464 lot size)

Res 2 - $1.403M (2805 lot size)
Res 2 - $1.478M (3982 lot size)

CalBears96 said:

Which of those have views? And what is the view of / which direction is it facing?

box said:
CalBears96 said:

Which of those have views? And what is the view of / which direction is it facing?
This phase doesn't have view lots. In the previous phase, the 2X view lot was facing N-NW, looking across Portola Pkwy, I guess.

Back