Author Topic: New communities in Portola Springs  (Read 7372 times)

Offline Davidlee199

• Tourist
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 0
  • -Received: 1
Re: New communities in Portola Springs
« Reply #75 on: November 23, 2021, 09:52:00 AM »
It’s all about future resale value.  I am sure a Sierra home will have a higher resale value 10 years from now as it’s a true SFR.   
Look at what  a 3  car garage home vs a 2 car garage home sold for earlier this year:

24 Vienne, Irvine, CA 92606 - 1.55M, 3car garage
16 San Garin, Irvine, CA 92606 - 1.365, 2 car garage with Hugh back yard
10 Benavente, Irvine, CA 92606 $1.255M, 2 car garage with a pool.

Builders will not build any SFR less than $2M 10 yrs from now, just like they no longer building any 3 car garage homes.

it's a no brainer to go for a Sierra home, not Highland or Bluff, if they are priced about the same.

While it's true that Sierra has higher resale value than Highland (let's take Bluffs out of the equation since it's not even in the same class), if you're going to live there for 10 years, would you go for Sierra with inferior floorplans and quality? 10 years is a long time to live in a home that you don't love.

Hmmm I wouldn’t say floor plans are inferior, that’s just a personal preference or opinion.  What’s the deal with the quality difference?  Curious to know as we have only been in Socal for two years and are not familiar with these builders. 

We’ve purchased 2 new houses in the past but they were in Maryland.  I guess there may be differences in details and materials between builders and one might be nicer and more expensive. 

Are you referring to that or quality in workmanship?  To my knowledge they all use contractors and sub contractors to put the homes together.

Talk Irvine Links

[Recent Posts]
[FAQ / Rules]

Site Supporters

Recent Posts

Re: coronavirus by eyephone
[Today at 10:07:03 AM]

Re: Black Friday and Cyber Monday Deals by momopi
[Today at 09:36:50 AM]

Re: Stock picks by momopi
[Today at 09:30:21 AM]

Re: Anyone have any suggestions for a water softener and reverse osmosis? by zovall
[Today at 09:28:37 AM]

Re: coronavirus by morekaos
[Today at 08:46:03 AM]

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal