Landscaping costs these days?

Things were fire all summer so I didn't even try to look for landscaping.  What is the going rate to do some nice tile, landcaping, pergola, etc without anything crazy like a pool or ornate water feature?

I've got maybe 600-800 sq ft of yard space.  Just trying to figure out how much of my AAPL I'll need to sell... (or maybe just HELOC?)

Simple (and smallish) California Pergola - $10K
Tile/Flagstone medium materials with some concrete work $15-$20K. Very sf/material dependent.
Demo $5K
Common plants, planting, etc $5K.
Irrigation, $1200-$2500 depending on # zones.

600sf is very different than 800sf though.  And bigger scales quickly. 

Don't forget to apply any zip code/development premiums.

I personally wouldn't pay taxes if I can avoid paying taxes. I'd do a HELOC instead and slowly pay down the principal + interest. You don't pay taxes on borrowing and on top of that you can deduct the interest from the HELOC if it's used towards improving your primary residence. Especially with the fed printing so much money, I'd stay long in equities in the near future and instead borrow while interest rates are low. 20k today is not going to be 20k next year. You'll also see APPL most likely go above it's current trading value next year assuming nothing tumbles.

Back