I can't believe up to $1m only buys you this kind of "house" in Irvine:

Is this transitory? I can see inflationary pushes everything up and the FED sticking to transitory, so it is temporary? Whatever the case may be, the pain is, forwheel.

Looking back early 2020 was so uncertain, with lockdown and covid breakout but so is now. As the steam of FED and government put slowly fading and pulling away, the crazy thing is people sentiment for big purchase like a home is completely opposite. Now you gotta come in with your game full on and prepare to bid up for the home that you like. What a turn around. Can this last and for how long?

Compressed-Village said:
Is this transitory? I can see inflationary pushes everything up and the FED sticking to transitory, so it is temporary? Whatever the case may be, the pain is, forwheel.

Looking back early 2020 was so uncertain, with lockdown and covid breakout but so is now. As the steam of FED and government put slowly fading and pulling away, the crazy thing is people sentiment for big purchase like a home is completely opposite. Now you gotta come in with your game full on and prepare to bid up for the home that you like. What a turn around. Can this last and for how long?

The money is printed, it exists.  The question is if you can get better returns elsewhere, like if interest rates are raised, if the FED stops buying everything, does money drift from RE to other asset classes like treasury bonds?  Probably some, but that's not going to 'pop' anything, that's just going to take the wind out of the sails so to speak. 

The most likely scenario is at a certain point prices are likely to hit a peak and then stay flat for a while (hopefully long while?) as incomes catch up.

Most people want to buy homes, so even if all the investment properties were to be put on the market you'd still see a ton of buyers, they just might be able to afford a bit less. 

Compressed-Village said:

When has inflation ever been transitory?
https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/M1SL

Back