Condos on a Motor Court

Irvinehomeseeker

When it comes to Condos, do buyers prefer and willing to pay more for the that is facing the street rather than the one that is set towards the back of the motor court?  For example, the Delano (not on a motor court)and Petaluma Plan 2 Condos in EW that open to the street seem to have had better resale values.

If you have kids it would be better to have your front door facing the street with a sidewalk and some grass acting as a buffer.

A front door exiting immediately out to the common area motor court/courtyard can be dangerous due to vehicles getting in/out.

Just my 2 cents

My buyers prefer and are willing to pay more for a motorcourt condo that is off the street as it has better curb appeal and parking right in front of the home plus they don't have to bring their trash cans out as far to the curb for trash day.

USCTrojanCPA said:
My buyers prefer and are willing to pay more for a motorcourt condo that is off the street as it has better curb appeal and parking right in front of the home plus they don't have to bring their trash cans out as far to the curb for trash day.

Agree with the curb appeal 100%. Both Petaluma Plan 2 and Delano homes have that advantage.

From a Redfin Estimate perspective for these 2 Marin Condos in EW with identical Square Footage , the one in the Front of the motor court (96 Henson) has much higher redin estimate compared to 113 Charcoal at the back of the motor court . May not be apples to apples comparison because the floor plans are different.
https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/96-Henson-92602/home/167401920https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/113-Charcoal-92602/home/167403738

Isn't it safer inside the motor court plus you can use the common area in front of your house as temporary playgrounds for your kids? Just need to pay attention to one neighbors vehicle. And if you own both houses you have your own private playground?

TestingIrvine said:
If you have kids it would be better to have your front door facing the street with a sidewalk and some grass acting as a buffer.

A front door exiting immediately out to the common area motor court/courtyard can be dangerous due to vehicles getting in/out.

Just my 2 cents

its not that dangerous, you can see the kids in plain sight. I lived in a 6 home motor court in the past, we were an interior unit and actually preferred it over a street facing since it was a playground for my kids. The houses facing the street were actually closer to the streets and more prone to a car accident since their garage was right by the streets and if cars are speeding in, that could be hazardous.

Plus the homes on the street always have their package deliveries broadcasted to the world. I see so many of these homes just with packages sitting out front all day.

Cares said:
Plus the homes on the street always have their package deliveries broadcasted to the world. I see so many of these homes just with packages sitting out front all day.

Most homes in Irvine are on the street and not on a motor court for a reason

TestingIrvine said:
Cares said:

Most homes in Irvine are on the street and not on a motor court for a reason
To make it easier to rip off Amazon packages?

USCTrojanCPA said:

Doesn't that mean you have everybody else's trash in front of your home on trash day?

test said:
USCTrojanCPA said:

Doesn't that mean you have everybody else's trash in front of your home on trash day?

very true, especially if the house is at the front of a 6 home motor court.

Back