Condo patio landscape / design help

CloudSurfer

Hi, we recently bought a condo and need to get the patio designed. It's small, about 530 sq ft and dirt currently with some cement leading to the door.

We're new to this process so mostly looking for advice on how to proceed. Should we use a service that plans the layout? Is there anyone that you would recommend we talk to to help us move this forward? Thanks in advance.

CloudSurfer said:
anteaterscientist said:
Does the plan need to be approved by the HOA?

Yes it does, we need to send it within 90 days of when we move in. Why does that matter? Thanks for the response!

When I went through the process, I used one of the landscapers who left a flyer on my doorstep. They are typically familiar with the submittal to HOAs. We customized our yard and made sure it was within the specs, the landscaper drew up the plans. I wouldn't say the blueprint was professionally exactly done. Suggest getting a few quotes from different landscapers, though based on the size of your yard they provide an average amount for a typical yard.

I felt the reviewers however were reviewing arbitrarily. The plans were approved but it seemed like some their comments were opinions rather than requirements per the HOA.

I didn't submit the plans before the deadline and didn't get fined, because I had other obligations but showed progress on getting it done.

Back