Author Topic: Anyone familiar with Rancho Palos Verdes  (Read 1189 times)

Offline talkirvine

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 7
  • -Received: 4
Anyone familiar with Rancho Palos Verdes
« on: September 02, 2021, 11:13:11 AM »
I am thinking of moving there. Is anyone familiar with that city? How does it compare to Irvine? Thanks.

Offline Compressed-Village

• Certified Irvine Addict
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 352
  • -Received: 270
Re: Anyone familiar with Rancho Palos Verdes
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2021, 11:17:09 AM »
Super nice. Built in the 60’s, far from freeway access. You get beautiful topography. Ocean and hills combo. Many older homes demo and rebuild. If you have a few millions, you can buy it here.

Bring back many fond memories, I use to surf in the area, hidden secret coves.

Offline morekaos

• Thanks
  • -Given: 554
  • -Received: 515
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2021, 11:26:04 AM »
Born and raised there...what do you want to know?

• Thanks
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2021, 11:31:27 AM »

Hey Kaos, didn’t know you from there as well. I used to live in south Torrance and frequent PV and adore.

Offline talkirvine

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2021, 11:37:48 AM »

Is life more diversified there? How is the night life there? Is it easy to find Asian food and groceries?Is it convenient to go to LA downtown? And what kind of neighbors I will have by moving there?

Offline talkirvine

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2021, 11:39:35 AM »

Is life more diversified there? How is the night life there? Is it easy to find Asian food and groceries?Is it convenient to go to LA downtown? And what kind of neighbors I will have by moving there?

The Peninsula actually have four cities, which city is more safe and more convenient?

Offline morekaos

• Thanks
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2021, 11:47:50 AM »
Apples and oranges...South Bay life and Irvine couldn't be further apart.  It was a wonderful place to grow up. Location is both its strength and weakness.  Far enough to provide some space but in the end not easy enough access to get around if you commute.  My mother did a commute to Torrance every morning that was only a few miles but took her almost 45 minutes because of the windy, slow roads it takes to get off the "Hill".. We went to Catholic schools so getting to St. Lawrence and Bishop Montgomery took similar time.  The lots are huge, the homes are mostly older ranch style and there are still many of horse properties.  Also grew up surfing the Bays and coves before and after school.  Expensive homes but if you buy you probably are looking at a rebuild as most are 60's builds....loved growing up there.

• Thanks
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2021, 12:08:25 PM »
I can’t live there. I am brained wash with Irvine cleanliness.

After more than 20 years here, I am irvine lifer

Offline zubs

• Thanks
  • -Given: 82
  • -Received: 494
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2021, 12:23:04 PM »
Chester killed himself @ his house PV house.

So tortured.

Offline morekaos

• Thanks
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2021, 12:40:15 PM »

Thats so funny CV...I'm just the opposite.  We lived in Irvine from 2003-2007 or so and I couldn't get out of there fast enough.  Being clean, planned, safe, new and compliant drove me insane.  It peaked when I drove down the wrong street one day and spent a minute trying to open the wrong garage.  I started to refer to it as Stepford.  We yearned for a neighborhood.  My current street has 25 houses on it and not one looks the same.  Sure its older but unlike Irvine, where I never knew the neighbors that I shared walls with for 4 years, I know all my neighbors by first name. I have a book with all their contact information that was given to us the day we moved in.  Saturday we are blocking off the street and having a lichon bake with a band.  That would have never happened at Jeffery and Alton.  to each their own.

The following member(s) thanked this post:

Offline Cares

• Real Estate Broker & Mortgage Loan Originator
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 12
  • -Received: 229
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2021, 12:42:53 PM »
I lived in the area for a bit of time. I don't think I could live in PV because it's too inconvenient to freeways and the only shopping area you have close by is Silver Spur.

Offline talkirvine

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2021, 01:21:48 PM »
Chester killed himself @ his house PV house.

So tortured.

Who is that poor guy Chester!

Offline fatduck

• Tourist
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 0
  • -Received: 11
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2021, 01:30:36 PM »
bro...

• Thanks
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2021, 03:47:32 PM »

Thats so funny CV...I'm just the opposite.  We lived in Irvine from 2003-2007 or so and I couldn't get out of there fast enough.  Being clean, planned, safe, new and compliant drove me insane.  It peaked when I drove down the wrong street one day and spent a minute trying to open the wrong garage.  I started to refer to it as Stepford.  We yearned for a neighborhood.  My current street has 25 houses on it and not one looks the same.  Sure its older but unlike Irvine, where I never knew the neighbors that I shared walls with for 4 years, I know all my neighbors by first name. I have a book with all their contact information that was given to us the day we moved in.  Saturday we are blocking off the street and having a lichon bake with a band.  That would have never happened at Jeffery and Alton.  to each their own.

Young families are busy with works and kids activities. I can attest to that. We have neighborhood friends that our kids in the same class since kindergarten. They bonds well and so does the parents. We carpool and share rides along with many different activities. If you moved into the neighborhood and your kids grown, it’s harder to get to know your neighbors. Most families put their root down with their kids in minds of attending school in a good district. And they gotta hustle to pay that big Mellio bills. Life is hectic, I understand when at most you see your neighbor garage open then close is all you get.

Offline daedalus

• O.C. Resident
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 249
  • -Received: 266
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2021, 06:29:11 PM »
My first thoughts have been mentioned already.  Beautiful views, older (nice) homes, and too far from freeways.  On average lots are a good bit larger than Irvine lots.  I have a couple friends that live there.  Just getting to LAX which is relatively close by takes 45 minutes with no traffic.  Great place to WFH, but I would slit my wrists if I had to commute from there every day....but most people are willing to put up with more commuting than I am.

Who is that poor guy Chester!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chester_Bennington

Talk Irvine Links

[Recent Posts]
[FAQ / Rules]

Site Supporters

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal