Any idea why this home is still on market at 500$/sqt

Maybe its a wanna be Single Family Home.

Layout is OK, a little bit dated but that's an easy fix with paint and cabinet reface.

But you can't move that hideous electrical box right smack in the front of the house. Something can't be fix. This builder clearly did think that it does not matter as the housing market was red hot in 2004. The architect should have been fire. Now that fire is appropriate.

Compressed-Village said:
But you can't move that hideous electrical box right smack in the front of the house. Something can't be fix. This builder clearly did think that it does not matter as the housing market was red hot in 2004. The architect should have been fire. Now that fire is appropriate.

Genuinely curious. Those green electrical boxes we see in front of some houses like this... how much of an issue is this in general? Are they dangerous? Do you think these lower and impact property value meaningfully?

I have a house I'm interested in but it does have one of these in front. Rest of the property is great. But now I can't stop thinking about that stupid thing.

mythicquest said:
Compressed-Village said:

Genuinely curious. Those green electrical boxes we see in front of some houses like this... how much of an issue is this in general? Are they dangerous? Do you think these lower and impact property value meaningfully?

I have a house I'm interested in but it does have one of these in front. Rest of the property is great. But now I can't stop thinking about that stupid thing.

With proper landscaping and tree planting and shrubs, it would be much less of an eyesore. You can do many things to blend it in and not having it stick out like a sore thumb.

just don't do that thing where you put a giant fake rock over the electrical box that looks totally out of place in the yard.

Back