Framed Mirrors for new build

Irvinehomeseeker

Has anyone dome framed mirrors post close on a new build? The price charged by builder has gone up significantly and wondering if this is something that could be done post close at a much affordable price. Thing is that the builder provided mirror would be glued to the dry wall, so dry wall may get damaged when doing a post close framed mirror is what I am told.

I think I remember this being brought up a while back and someone mentioned that you can buy a frame to ?stick on? the original mirror to make it look like a framed mirror.

Yep, I?ve done this with multiple mirrors in my home using this company:https://www.mirrormate.com

The before and after is a huge visual difference, and you don?t have to remove the existing mirror.  You can order samples for cheap or sometimes free.  Check back Labor Day weekend they may have free samples or $1 samples free shipping.

They?re easy to put up on your own unless the mirror is huge.  We added a frame to our master bath mirror and I needed my wife?s help installing that one but was still easy.

aquabliss said:
Yep, I?ve done this with multiple mirrors in my home using this company:https://www.mirrormate.com

The before and after is a huge visual difference, and you don?t have to remove the existing mirror.  You can order samples for cheap or sometimes free.  Check back Labor Day weekend they may have free samples or $1 samples free shipping.

They?re easy to put up on your own unless the mirror is huge.  We added a frame to our master bath mirror and I needed my wife?s help installing that one but was still easy.

Thank you! I will look into. The mirrors are big, so have to see if how easy it could be to DIY. Thanks again.

Sure thing.  Ya , you have to first assemble the frame before adhering it (via 3M peel adhesive) to the mirror so you?d definitely need someone to help you with assembly and install for oversized mirrors. 

My master bath mirror is around 9ft by 3.5ft so its doable.

Back