California Pacific Homes

Leahinom

Wish this builder can be kicked out from Irvine even though the boss is the son of the Irvine company... well ... don?t even know where to start!

Right after you signed the purchase agreement with them, it cost you all your time and energy to deal with everyone who works for this company just to receive a poor functioning ?new home?. Yes, the home is cheaper compared to those built by its father - Irvine company - Irvine pacific, but you really GET WHAY YOU PAY FOR, and will cost you more and more in the long run.

First, they delivered a unfinished, not functioning well ?new home? and told you that you would have one year complimentary/warranty period that you can have issues/problems fixed ?for free? (they emphasized every time came lol)!
Then comes the ?awesome? part by the builder maintenance service people!

**They came and asked us: What?s wrong with the new house? I don?t see anything wrong with it. If you are upsetting because I am telling you that can?t help, then I will go...

LOL WE LITERALLY JUST TOLD THEM TO LEAVE OUR HOME RIGHT AWAY! We wasted every single day for 3 months since we moved in to deal with issues of the home, and we were the one filing the service ticket with the question they asked us. However, they came and asked us back the same question then told us they don?t see anything and they don?t know what to do

1) The gutter and the vent are missing few parts since day 1 that cause big noises during raining, you literally hear the rain dripping and dropping heavily thru the wall and on the of your bathroom ceiling. 2) The kitchen fan? outer vent pipe/part is not even sealed the whole time (we barely cooked after moving, so we didn?t notice but there?s weird smells) and it creates a toxic smells on the second floor every time we turn on the kitchen fan. 3) the recessed lighting popped out from the ceilings after two months living inside, they came to put it back on, then it popped again, then Cal Pac Home sent someone who failed to put it back again, then again, again and again .... this life cycle just won?t end... 4) the ?brand new? garage door seal is peeling off both sides, and we will need to replace them 5) they didn?t lift up the sewer pipe cap for the entire block of the new home, so all the ?p**? water reverse back into everyone?s garage and first floor bedroom... 6) exterior address lights are always off 7) ..... we can go on and on and on and on...

Okay, they provided a list of service provider that we can contact for ?possible? services. WOW! Their contractor service providers are even ?better? at this!

1) they don?t show up everytime we made the service appointment for over 3 times and the representative just told us to call back the builder. 2) they don?t even pick up 3) I don?t think they even exist....

So, conclusion is it?s a TOTAL NIGHTMARE BUYING A HOME FROM CALIFORNIA PACIFIC HOME in Irvine. Stay away! We regret so much after 3 month living in the house.

We will try to deal with this against their practice with some legal advice, but this business is owned by the son of the Irvine Company... maybe too powerful to deal with just like the orchard hill asphalt issue with the Irvine company ...

Just want to warn everyone, I know their price is lower, and that was the main reason we bought the home as our first home before our 30s... lessons LEARNED!

This sounds like a really awful experience and clearly someone is dropping the ball.

FWIW we moved into our Cal Pac house in 2019 and have had a difference experience. There have been a few very minor issues, nothing as bad as this, and everything was addressed in a timely and professional manner. It's very possible a lot has changed in the last two years. Definitely a bummer to hear!

Cares said:
Everyone I know in a CalPac home has loved it but I guess YMMV.

THAT IS GREAT! I guess we are the unlucky one then. Cause you had a lot of easy mortgage deals from them?

If you are trying to bring back their reputation, you might want to reply the same thing to everyone who wrote All the negative/1-star reviews on their yelp pages (they have never claimed their own page, and people just created two for them on YELP to complaint all their bad quality works and attitude). Same Negative/1 star reviews for their service providers.

We just want people to be aware when they buy their new homes in Portola springs cause if we could choose again, we would definitely pay more for Hillside/Bluff/Elderberry/Juniper. I?m honest about everything I said in this post, and feel free to keep telling people everyone is happy with a cal pac home, cause I heard the complete opposite. Karma!

moc said:
This sounds like a really awful experience and clearly someone is dropping the ball.

FWIW we moved into our Cal Pac house in 2019 and have had a difference experience. There have been a few very minor issues, nothing as bad as this, and everything was addressed in a timely and professional manner. It's very possible a lot has changed in the last two years. Definitely a bummer to hear!

We wanted to change the ?default? carpet to hardwood, even our flooring contractor told us the builder did a very poor job on the alignment (wall/baseboard). When they installed the quarter rounds to connect the baseboard and engineered hardwood flooring, the quarter rounds can?t be aligned straight! This was just the beginning of all other issues we figured out listed partially above.

We both worked really hard to save up after college to get our first home before 30s, and were excited to move-in. We bought a newly built home because we thought it would have less problems. Now it just turned into a nightmare! As I said, just wanted to let other young couples know about these poor quality cheap made homes by CalPac when they make their decisions.

Leahinom said:
Cares said:
Everyone I know in a CalPac home has loved it but I guess YMMV.

THAT IS GREAT! I guess we are the unlucky one then. Cause you had a lot of easy mortgage deals from them?

If you are trying to bring back their reputation, you might want to reply the same thing to everyone who wrote All the negative/1-star reviews on their yelp pages (they have never claimed their own page, and people just created two for them on YELP to complaint all their bad quality works and attitude). Same Negative/1 star reviews for their service providers.

We just want people to be aware when they buy their new homes in Portola springs cause if we could choose again, we would definitely pay more for Hillside/Bluff/Elderberry/Juniper. I?m honest about everything I said in this post, and feel free to keep telling people everyone is happy with a cal pac home, cause I heard the complete opposite. Karma!

::)

New construction loans are probably the hardest loans to deal with and the thinnest of margins to compete against the builders' lenders. I'm just telling you from my personal experience and my friends' experiences, not my clients.

I honestly would prefer all my clients NOT buy new construction from a loan perspective.

Leahinom said:
moc said:

We wanted to change the ?default? carpet to hardwood, even our flooring contractor told us the builder did a very poor job on the alignment (wall/baseboard). When they installed the quarter rounds to connect the baseboard and engineered hardwood flooring, the quarter rounds can?t be aligned straight! This was just the beginning of all other issues we figured out listed partially above.

We both worked really hard to save up after college to get our first home before 30s, and were excited to move-in. We bought a newly built home because we thought it would have less problems. Now it just turned into a nightmare! As I said, just wanted to let other young couples know about these poor quality cheap made homes by CalPac when they make their decisions.

It really sounds you had an awful experience and got really unlucky - I feel awful for you and your spouse.

I just want to reiterate that we are very similar - we also worked hard to save up after college while paying down student loans and bought this house in our 20s. We also replaced the default tile and carpet with an outside contractor after closing. We used Tompkins Flooring and they were excellent. I hate quarter rounds and they were able to install our new flooring and baseboards without them with no issues. I think it just goes to show that you can have super different experiences based on luck/timing/etc.

I've lived in multiple new builds of various builders. There has always been minor problems here and there but houses built during covid seem to have way more issues. I think a lack of quality subcontractors and materials made a huge difference. Given that, the real test for builders is how they respond to your issues. Our builder has taken all our tickets seriously and and it seems CalPac hasn't been very good to you.

My advice would be to file tickets to keep a log. I had an AC issue in my calpac home that was 'fixed' but came back 2 years later after the warranty was over. But I countered that the problem was originally seen within the warranty period and their bandaid didn't work. So they still fixed it at no cost to me.

Leahinom said:
moc said:

I noticed you listed Elderberry, which is built by KB Home. I would be willing to bet money that if you had bought in Elderberry, your experience would not have been any better.

Sleepy asked what Cal Pac community and you still haven't answered. I'm going to guess it's most probably Talise, because I'd heard about some sewer issue there several months ago.

Back