Piedmont Plan 2 Eastwood

socal007

Hi everyone - I toured the home below  but alas it?s pending already. I did some research and looks like it?s a Piedmont Plan 2 by IP. They seem similar to highland in portola springs and Como at orchard hills. Considering highland is selling for $1.5M for base lots and Como even higher a resale of this plan seems like a better idea since it?s built in 2017. Love the location of Eastwood. Portola seems really far from everything and I am not a fan of highland?s location at all.

Curious to know your opinions on the above thinking and any insights on the plan/tract/neighborhood. Also any idea why 105 Alumroot has been sitting in the market for so long?
https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/105-Alumroot-Irvine-CA-92620/250186864_zpid/

Thanks!!

socal007 said:
Hi everyone - I toured the home below  but alas it?s pending already. I did some research and looks like it?s a Piedmont Plan 2 by IP. They seem similar to highland in portola springs and Como at orchard hills. Considering highland is selling for $1.5M for base lots and Como even higher a resale of this plan seems like a better idea since it?s built in 2017. Love the location of Eastwood. Portola seems really far from everything and I am not a fan of highland?s location at all.

Curious to know your opinions on the above thinking and any insights on the plan/tract/neighborhood. Also any idea why 105 Alumroot has been sitting in the market for so long?
https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/105-Alumroot-Irvine-CA-92620/250186864_zpid/

Thanks!!

Opendoor bought it from the original owner and didn't stage or make the home more presentable.  It looked really plain and run down when I saw it showing it to a buyer last month.

i live in the neighborhood. Piedmont plan 2 is a nice one - I think it also has a loft. I haven't personally seen this particular unit, but looking at the pics and as pointed out by Martin, its lacking the right staging. If staged well, this home would have gone under contract in couple of days. The price of 1.475M (after 25K drop) is not bad I think given the market and compared to the new Como or Highlands.
The only thing I can think as a con for this house could be that it faces a small T intersection.
On the plus side, it has a full balcony, which the builder normally charges more as Elevation premium. Also, South East facing, which some people prefer - Nice morning sun in your front.

In EW, I also thought that the below was a great price for the floor plan. It could be that seller priced it really low to get a bidding war going as comparables were listed or sold in the 1.3M range. That's why it went under contract so quick.https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/107-Landover-92602/home/167403774

Thank you both! Fantastic insights. Just love the expertise and knowledge in this forum.. much better than searching  Facebook Irvine groups. Looks like Opendoor?s biz model  is to sell homes without staging. I saw another detached condo by Opendoor and it has zero staging. I guess they want to use VC money only to buy homes. The T - intersection is not even a busy road but I agree some won?t prefer it.

I really liked the neighborhood and the street. Being central to Irvine is amazing.

Back