De-prioritizing healthcare for unvaccinated people

qwerty

Companies and governments are doing various things to hopefully get more people vaccinated. Whether it is making employees get vaccinated or requiring proof of vaccination to be indoors somewhere.

It looks like hospitals are once again starting to defer ?elective? procedures for people with cancer, etc. With the vast majority of folks ending up in the hospital being unvaccinated.

Here is what I would do if i ran a hospital. If you are unvaccinated and you end up in the hospital you will get treatment as long as there is a bed available. However, just as an example, if the hospital it at full capacity and someone needs an ?elective? surgery or needs to get admitted for something else, then the person who is most likely not going to make it for their covid bout should get discharged and sent home and to make room for the cancer patient or whoever else.

I think this would encourage folks to get vaccinated. Historically bringing something upon yourself has not been penalized by medical providers (overweight people who create medical issues for themselves, etc) because there has always been capacity in the healthcare system. It doesn?t seem fair that other medical issues are being turned away to care for unvaccinated people.

I know this will never happen but one can dream. Just like anything else, if enough people share the same view it becomes acceptable so maybe this viewpoint catches on.

I suspect that would actually just solidify opposition and beat the drum louder for the gub?ment is coercing everyone and it?s just about control and spin even more conspiracy theories in the anti-vax  and anti-mask crowd.

Resistance is belief rationalized.  It?s why you see the grasp for the FDA hasn?t approved it yet.  Once they do, the justification will shift again.

Back