Selling home in Irvine

mvba

Hello,

I bought my forever home in Irvine in 2019 - Marin 2X at Eastwood, corner lot. But now due to a personal circumstance I'll be moving to outside the country probably in December/January. Man plans and God laughs...

Considering this timeframe, when should I start thinking about listing my home for sale? Any advice on what to do with all my furniture and appliances (I won't be bringing them with me)? Any recommendations for a good listing agent?

If you put on the market now, it will sell very quickly...personal experience!  EW homes are in a great demand.  My listing agent included appliances as part of the sale. Some buyers also like furniture, so you can put it there for better price.

Do you have family/kids to consider? Otherwise I would vote sell now and rent an apt, or better yet ask for leaseback or free rent! I think you'll find that buyers right now will bend to your will.

You can sell a home in Irvine just about any time and it?s fairly easy to get a rent back for several months if needed (some buyers aren?t comfortable with rent backs beyond 2-3 months though). Prices are only heading higher due to the tight inventory so you can list it now or in a few months.

Appliances are easy as you can include them in the sale. Furniture is tougher because furniture is personal taste.  You can always sell or donate any furniture that the buyer doesn?t want to buy. 

Thank you all. I'll plan to list my home by October/November.

Would you have any recommendation for a listing agent?

I would highly recommend Martin (USCTrojanCPA)

I used him for a purchase and will use him when we sell/buy in the future. Recommended him to family as well and they were very happy. Many on here have used Martin and I?m sure would happily recommend him.

Actually leasing out is not a bad idea in EW. Rents are also pretty high right now. If you got a great low  interest rate currently, then leasing out is an option. 

I did consider leasing out but I think my PITI would be higher than what I would get from rent. So having a cash flow negative or neutral property is not very appealing. Of course the real bet is the potential for appreciation but I'd rather cash out and move on.

irvinehomeowner said:
Compressed-Village said:
Ohh, the pain of owning in Irvine.  ;D ;D.

Yeah... hurts so good.

Hey IHO, you've been on vacay? Haven't seen you post in awhile.

Yup, I don't see this slow down anytime soon. I can understand the pent up demand to buy a home. The people that are ready, goes all in when they want and see what they want to get it . 100K over asking price ....crazy. Emotional buying is the latest trend. If the house speak to a buyer and they got the funds, it will be a closed transaction.

Very low volume of available homes for sale. Rent are rocketing upward.

The keys are:

1) Mortgage forgiveness. Will they stay or will they sell.
2) Rent forbearance ? Will landlords decide to sell to remove the extreme hassle of renting to tenants who won?t pay.
3) Underwater personal home mortgages ? How much skin do they have in the game? I?d sell before foreclosing.
4) Jobs and pay. ? Will increased wages alleviate homeowners from selling?

I think the critical point is August (maybe, unless extended) after the government removes forbearance.

I am sitting on the side line with cash ready.

Too busy doing other stuff.

Not really much to discuss nowadays... still waiting for that massive Irvine drop that never materialized. Where did that guy go who was arguing with me about that? Something about prices lagging inventory? At least LiarLoan comes back to poke where all my other besties just ghosted.

I tell people that are waiting for an Irvine price drop to keep waiting.  While they wait, make sure they have a hedge strategy because the ?drop? could occur after much appreciation.  Without a inverse HPI hedge, the wait strategy is like saying your broken clock will be right at some point in the day.

irvinehomeowner said:
At least LiarLoan comes back to poke where all my other besties just ghosted.

Oh man... You must really miss me.  You're dishing out compliments now!

It's almost universally agreed that it's a great time to sell, but not a great time to buy.  The collective opinion of those participating in the market has vindicated me (realtors excluded of course).

Back