Apple Siri

nosuchreality

Grrrrr.

Had to upgrade my phone.  New phone, current iOS and forced to enable Siri or can?t do car play when phone plugged into car. Can?t use maps in car without Siri.  Can?t play music without Siri turned on in the car.

Hey Siri, tell Apple to fuck themselves.  You work like shit.  If my car window is open, you can?t understand anything. 

NSR,
Sorry to hear you're having such trouble with CarPlay/Siri. I use Car Play almost daily in my noisy convertible (with everything closed) and haven't had any major issues. I can make short texts on messages, call up songs on Spotify, and even search for nearby gas stations with Apple Maps. It's certainly not perfect and I think Alexa and Google Assistant have better AI/features, but it's usable. I would definitely close your windows while using voice commands and maybe check if your vehicle needs firmware updates/open service bulletins.

I primarily  have issue for forced use.  With the window open it's absolutely useless.  With it closed, it responds, but I expect too much.  Me: Hey Siri, play Highway to Hell.  Siri: merge left onto CA-405.

Okay, maybe Siri is smarter than I thought.  I do only hit about 25% though on non-song/map requests.

Even my Google Assistant is not perfect:
Me: "Hey Google, play U2"
Google: "Playing YouTube now"
Gotta  love first world problems  :)

Back