Author Topic: Ravello at OH Groves  (Read 1714 times)

Offline The California Court Company

• What's this?
  • Certified Irvine Addict
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 377
  • -Received: 329
Re: Ravello at OH Groves
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2021, 11:36:27 AM »
TV wall in the California Great Room is a fail though.

it is the same old L shaped Great Room + Kitchen + Dining design, with some vaulted ceiling in Great Room calling it California great room.
Lot width is also pretty standard with 2 car garage + entry + downstair bedroom.

Why can't IPAC do something different floorpan wise? 3CWG, separate formal living/dining...etc. some single story floorpans too.

I like that Residence Two has the secondary living room lofted overlooking the first floor though
"Should any Person come into contact with such fruit, soil or groundwater, such Person is advised to wash thoroughly with soap and water and seek immediate medical attention"-Augusta Disclosure, Tustin Legacy

"You'll probably be able to buy a 4BR detached home in Quail Hill for $150,000."-IndieDev

Offline mythicquest

• Thanks
  • -Given: 2
  • -Received: 0
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2021, 03:16:50 PM »
TV wall in the California Great Room is a fail though.

Because of the location/position? Idk I think I kind of like it there tbh

Offline Nani

• Thanks
  • -Given: 0
  • -Received: 1
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2021, 09:42:07 PM »
Design center let’s you put tv wiring / outlets on either wall👍🏽

The following member(s) thanked this post:

Offline mythicquest

• Thanks
  • -Given: 2
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2021, 08:16:13 PM »
Anyone know if they’ve actually released phase 1 yet?

Offline trematix

• Tourist
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 6
« Reply #19 on: Yesterday at 08:20:17 AM »

also wondering the same. Want to see if people are actually paying this.

Offline irviniteeee

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 36
  • -Received: 57
« Reply #20 on: Yesterday at 08:50:09 AM »

Unfortunately, people will probably still buy them at this price. As was said earlier in this thread, the lack of availability at Cetara will probably lead some buyers to Ravello. Again, I personally would go for something else in OH at that price, but people seem to love IP no matter the price point! Lol.

Offline soulbro

• Thanks
« Reply #21 on: Yesterday at 12:30:55 PM »
I guess this is a bit of curiosity plus no brainer type question based on last post:

For context, I am a buyer and looking at OH, Portola Springs and GP

What is the attraction of OH Reserve in general? It's more expensive, it's in a way more fire hazardous zone, and it isn't like you can't get similar houses outside of the gated OH?

So what is it that makes people want to buy there? Resale value? Gated community? Safety?

Curious to hear others thoughts here.

Offline USCTrojanCPA

• Your CPA Realtor
  • Certified Irvine Addict
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 2566
  • -Received: 2045
« Reply #22 on: Yesterday at 12:39:43 PM »

Unfortunately, people will probably still buy them at this price. As was said earlier in this thread, the lack of availability at Cetara will probably lead some buyers to Ravello. Again, I personally would go for something else in OH at that price, but people seem to love IP no matter the price point! Lol.

Bingo, the lack of inventory is the big issue that is driving buyers to the builders because there's just nothing on the market for them to buy and builders know this.
Martin Mania, CPA
AgencyOne
CA BRE License # 01799007
CA CPA License # 107675
mmania001@yahoo.com
714-747-3884 cell

Often imitated....Never duplicated!
Have license, will travel!

Offline trematix

• Tourist
  • Thanks
« Reply #23 on: Yesterday at 01:25:16 PM »

Bingo, the lack of inventory is the big issue that is driving buyers to the builders because there's just nothing on the market for them to buy and builders know this.

You're not wrong but it also comes to a point where it's just absurd and I think Ravello reached that point. There's no guarantee this sells well just because lack of inventory.

Offline misme

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 29
  • -Received: 42
« Reply #24 on: Yesterday at 01:29:05 PM »
I guess this is a bit of curiosity plus no brainer type question based on last post:

What is the attraction of OH Reserve in general? It's more expensive, it's in a way more fire hazardous zone, and it isn't like you can't get similar houses outside of the gated OH?

So what is it that makes people want to buy there? Resale value? Gated community? Safety?

I don't live in OH reserves, and I also think Ravello is overpriced but:
OH reserves-->gated + IUSD (Northwood high) + views in some tracts.

Portola has IUSD and views in some areas, but no gate. portola is similar fire hazard zone
OH Groves has gated + views (some tracts) but TUSD, not IUSD (which some people care about)
GP houses are a completely different style, which may not appeal to certain buyers. also the taxes are really high

some people just prioritize having a gate (especially a manned guard gate). I used to think it didn't matter, but recently there's an increase in break-ins, mail theft, package theft, random outsiders driving into neighborhoods casing the joint, and having a guard gate seems like it does cut down on that.

Offline trematix

• Tourist
  • Thanks
« Reply #25 on: Yesterday at 01:32:15 PM »

Portola has IUSD and views in some areas, but no gate. portola is similar fire hazard zone
OH Groves has gated + views (some tracts) but TUSD, not IUSD (which some people care about)
GP houses are a completely different style, which may not appeal to certain buyers. also the taxes are really high

some people just prioritize having a gate (especially a manned guard gate). I used to think it didn't matter, but recently there's an increase in break-ins, mail theft, package theft, random outsiders driving into neighborhoods casing the joint, and having a guard gate seems like it does cut down on that.

As of right now, the reserve side is not manned and gate seems to be open all day anytime I go and groves side isnt 24/7 manned security yet. OH residents told me  they were told it may take years before its fully manned gate due to completion of build out

Offline misme

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
« Reply #26 on: Yesterday at 01:39:56 PM »

As of right now, the reserve side is not manned and gate seems to be open all day anytime I go and groves side isnt 24/7 manned security yet. OH residents told me  they were told it may take years before its fully manned gate due to completion of build out

Groves did just recently go to 24/7 manned gate. Reserves opened later than Groves and still has more to build so I'm assuming Reserves will be manned later than the Groves.  The residents have to press for it if they want it sooner. The threat of a lawsuit can do wonders.

Offline Eyespii

• Tourist
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 1
  • -Received: 2
« Reply #27 on: Yesterday at 01:50:51 PM »
Didn’t know groves is now 24/7 manned gate. I thought the guard left at like 10p?

Offline misme

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
« Reply #28 on: Yesterday at 02:06:59 PM »
Didn’t know groves is now 24/7 manned gate. I thought the guard left at like 10p?

nope, it's 24/7 now at the upper gate, both are manned during the day,  and the visitor gate code lane is deactivated at night at the other one, so all visitors must go through the manned one at night.

Offline soulbro

• Thanks
« Reply #29 on: Yesterday at 03:59:20 PM »
so reserve is not much of a gated community, i guess if down the road it will be, then that's fine.

i think it's not just ravello jacking up the prices, even for como, right now the ask is plan 2 around 1.62-1.64.

i guess it is worth it if you want to be a more private, gated/not gated community, iusd. 

Talk Irvine Links

[Recent Posts]
[FAQ / Rules]

Site Supporters

Recent Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal