Offer on two properties at the same time?

Kick53rv3

After losing about 5 bids now, we feel like we are missing out on some other options that came out the same week. Is it possible/legal/recommended to make multiple bids then retract offer as soon as one of them comes back?

Kick53rv3 said:
After losing about 5 bids now, we feel like we are missing out on some other options that came out the same week. Is it possible/legal/recommended to make multiple bids then retract offer as soon as one of them comes back?

Yes it is and what many buyers are doing in this market. You can retract/withdraw an offer even after it's accepted before the deposit is due.

It used to be frowned upon to offer on multiple homes but in this market you need to do anything to get an advantage. I certainly have offered multiple homes for buyers and cancelled one of the accepted offers. You're not hurting the seller anyways, they probably have 3-4 solid backup offers if you cancel early.

Cares said:
It used to be frowned upon to offer on multiple homes but in this market you need to do anything to get an advantage. I certainly have offered multiple homes for buyers and cancelled one of the accepted offers. You're not hurting the seller anyways, they probably have 3-4 solid backup offers if you cancel early.

cant you back out anytime before the contingencies are lifted anyway even if you give a deposit?

trematix said:
Cares said:

cant you back out anytime before the contingencies are lifted anyway even if you give a deposit?

Yes you can but it just takes a few days to get your deposit back.  Unless contingencies are removed via a Contingency Removal Form, a buyer can cancel escrow and get all of their deposit back.

it goes both ways. Buyer can have made multiple offers, sellers can accept backup offers and not let the sale falling out of escrow.

USCTrojanCPA said:
trematix said:
Cares said:

Yes you can but it just takes a few days to get your deposit back.  Unless contingencies are removed via a Contingency Removal Form, a buyer can cancel escrow and get all of their deposit back.

The California Court Company said:
it goes both ways. Buyer can have made multiple offers, sellers can accept backup offers and not let the sale falling out of escrow.

USCTrojanCPA said:
trematix said:
Cares said:

Correct you are.

Back