Author Topic: 2021 Update  (Read 1179 times)

Offline SoCal

• Certified Irvine Addict
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 1802
  • -Received: 1488
2021 Update
« on: June 27, 2021, 04:51:26 PM »
 :) Well, hello, TI.

It's been a couple years since I've posted here.. Not sure who is around anymore (Iho... Qwerty... Momopi... Panda?). I was recently taking a trip down Memory Lane and thought of TI for the first time in years so I decided to come make a post.

In 2008, when I first met some of you on IHB, my boys were 2 and 5. Good ol' days! I spent a lot of time discussing real estate, schools, the housing bubble, etc with you guys 10-13 years ago. When TI began in 2009, I had just moved back to Irvine at Portola Springs, and my oldest was starting Kindergarten at Westwood Basics Plus.

Earlier this month, he graduated with honors from Trabuco Hills High School. 🎓

Now, he is a college man! Almost 18. He starts this fall as a Computer Science major. He is currently working a summer job as an Assistant Software Engineer at a defense contractor in Irvine.  He is working on military technology. He loves it and is extremely good at his job, especially considering his age. He definitely has a future as a Software Engineer. I'm excited for him but just wishing I could go back to 2009 and freeze time for a little bit because I miss my little boys. They grow up way too fast. It's bitter-sweet! I miss the days of figuring out which village has the best Tot Lots and spending our summer days together at the pool.

My youngest will now be a sophomore. He's doing great! We are still here in Foothill Ranch.

Well that's all for now. Just thought I would drop in and give a recent update. Hope you all are doing well. 👍🏻
« Last Edit: June 27, 2021, 04:59:29 PM by SoCal »

Offline CogNeuroSci

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 67
  • -Received: 39
Re: 2021 Update
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2021, 05:57:42 PM »
I would love to know where your older son is going to go to college.

Offline aquabliss

• Thanks
  • -Given: 221
  • -Received: 825
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2021, 06:15:33 PM »
Hey good to see ya back SoCal!

Any update on that butcher guy from the grocery store lol?

Offline Soylent Green Is People

• Abiding Dude. Housing focused NMLS Licensed
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 1080
  • -Received: 1241
  • Isaiah 58: 6-11
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2021, 07:02:39 PM »
Welcome back! Go Mustangs... I had two go through THHS and they are now in their early twenties.  Panda has the John's Creek ad in the corner and both Qwerty and Momopi frequently post. Hope it's a long summer for you and your grad. Before you know it they are on their way to bigger things in other lands. Treasure the time you have. 

SGIP.
My .02c

SGIP

Offline qwerty

• Thanks
  • -Given: 2748
  • -Received: 1841
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2021, 07:58:54 PM »
Hey SoCal! Sounds like things are going well for you in FR. sounds like your older boy is well on his way. I here you on freezing time. I have a girl and a boy and the time does indeed fly. Mine are still in elementary school so they still have a ways to go but I see them as they get more independent and will eventually have no need for us other than for us to be their bank :-)

Offline zubs

• Thanks
  • -Given: 84
  • -Received: 510
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2021, 11:16:36 AM »
I need more stories about the butcher hitting on u.
or the security guard.

The following member(s) thanked this post:

Offline The California Court Company

• What's this?
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 386
  • -Received: 344
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2021, 11:36:40 AM »
https://www.askamanager.org/2015/05/am-i-wrong-to-refuse-to-hire-coworkers-kids-as-interns.html

hopefully your oldest son working as intern at his father's company does not create any internal rifts due to conflict of interest. slippery slope.
"Should any Person come into contact with such fruit, soil or groundwater, such Person is advised to wash thoroughly with soap and water and seek immediate medical attention"-Augusta Disclosure, Tustin Legacy

"You'll probably be able to buy a 4BR detached home in Quail Hill for $150,000."-IndieDev

Offline aquabliss

• Thanks
  • -Given: 221
  • -Received: 825
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2021, 01:54:50 PM »
https://www.askamanager.org/2015/05/am-i-wrong-to-refuse-to-hire-coworkers-kids-as-interns.html

hopefully your oldest son working as intern at his father's company does not create any internal rifts due to conflict of interest. slippery slope.

Where did she say that?  I didn't read anywhere that it was his dads company?

Offline The California Court Company

• What's this?
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 386
  • -Received: 344
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2021, 10:25:52 PM »
if you know you know, if you don't know you don't know.

Where did she say that?  I didn't read anywhere that it was his dads company?
"Should any Person come into contact with such fruit, soil or groundwater, such Person is advised to wash thoroughly with soap and water and seek immediate medical attention"-Augusta Disclosure, Tustin Legacy

"You'll probably be able to buy a 4BR detached home in Quail Hill for $150,000."-IndieDev

Talk Irvine Links

[Recent Posts]
[FAQ / Rules]

Site Supporters

Recent Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal