Author Topic: Any new single-family construction outside of Irvine?  (Read 885 times)

Offline irvinedreaming

• Tourist
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 5
  • -Received: 8
Any new single-family construction outside of Irvine?
« on: June 01, 2021, 02:12:45 PM »
Looking to possibly upgrade our Irvine home and willing to venture out a bit. However, we really don't like the floor plans and look of older builds and don't want to get into a large renovation project. We also don't want to pay a premium for someone else's reno that 99% of the time doesn't match our taste...
On a quick Google search, I see almost no new construction outside of Irvine. I was hoping there'd be something in Alisso Viejo, Mission Viejo, RSM etc. Are those cities completely built out? Do we expect new construction in OC outside of Irvine to pick up any time soon?

Offline USCTrojanCPA

• Your CPA Realtor
  • Certified Irvine Addict
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 2596
  • -Received: 2079
Re: Any new single-family construction outside of Irvine?
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2021, 04:24:47 PM »
Looking to possibly upgrade our Irvine home and willing to venture out a bit. However, we really don't like the floor plans and look of older builds and don't want to get into a large renovation project. We also don't want to pay a premium for someone else's reno that 99% of the time doesn't match our taste...
On a quick Google search, I see almost no new construction outside of Irvine. I was hoping there'd be something in Alisso Viejo, Mission Viejo, RSM etc. Are those cities completely built out? Do we expect new construction in OC outside of Irvine to pick up any time soon?

There are small pockets of construction, including one of builds in Costa Mesa/Newport Beach/Huntington Beach/etc.  RSM still has new construction but the Mello Roos is very high over there and then you have new construction in Lake Forest, especially The Meadows coming up later on this year.
Martin Mania, CPA
AgencyOne
CA BRE License # 01799007
CA CPA License # 107675
mmania001@yahoo.com
714-747-3884 cell

Often imitated....Never duplicated!
Have license, will travel!

Offline sleepy5136

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 4
  • -Received: 30
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2021, 05:22:54 PM »
Serrano Summit in Lake Forest is half way done with most of the communities. Prices have increased significantly though.

Offline irvinehomeowner

• The Unicorn Hunter
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 2660
  • -Received: 4009
  • 3CWG
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2021, 09:42:04 PM »
The Landing at Tustin Legacy? Is that still being done? There's still quite a bit of space there.

As for South County... there are some projects... how far south did you want to go?
Once you go 3-car garage... your junk can never go back.
3CWG: 3-Car Wide Garage
FCB: Foreign Cash Buyer
I recommend:
www.irvinerealtorsite.com
member: Soylent Green Is People (loans/refis)

Offline Agent Joe

• New Home Realtor
  • Tourist
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 11
  • -Received: 4
  • New Home Realtor
    • Joe & Judy Real Estate
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2021, 12:00:28 AM »

I would look in Lake Forest, which probably has the most new homes to choose from and the closest feel to Irvine. Serrano Summit, Iron Ridge just to name a few.
Joseph Du
Cell: 949-393-0835
Email: joe@joenjudy.com
WeChat: MasterJoeJoe
CalDRE: 02066402
JC Pacific Capital

Specialized in new homes and residential real estate investing.

Offline USCTrojanCPA

• Your CPA Realtor
  • Thanks
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2021, 12:53:43 PM »

I would look in Lake Forest, which probably has the most new homes to choose from and the closest feel to Irvine. Serrano Summit, Iron Ridge just to name a few.

Iron Ridge is sold out, I think The Meadows will be the largest non-Irvine upcoming new home community.
Martin Mania, CPA
AgencyOne
CA CPA License # 107675
mmania001@yahoo.com
714-747-3884 cell

Offline Agent Joe

• New Home Realtor
  • Tourist
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 11
  • -Received: 4
  • New Home Realtor
    • Joe & Judy Real Estate
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2021, 08:52:09 PM »
I haven't been to IronRidge in awhile but found this online: https://landseahomes.com/ironridge/silveroak/. OP is probably looking for a SFH though.
Joseph Du
Cell: 949-393-0835
Email: joe@joenjudy.com
WeChat: MasterJoeJoe
CalDRE: 02066402
JC Pacific Capital

Specialized in new homes and residential real estate investing.

Offline USCTrojanCPA

• Your CPA Realtor
  • Thanks
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2021, 01:46:08 AM »
I haven't been to IronRidge in awhile but found this online: https://landseahomes.com/ironridge/silveroak/. OP is probably looking for a SFH though.

Yeah, those 3-level and 4-level attached condos still take a while to sell even in a hot market.
Martin Mania, CPA
AgencyOne
CA CPA License # 107675
mmania001@yahoo.com
714-747-3884 cell

Talk Irvine Links

[Recent Posts]
[FAQ / Rules]

Site Supporters