Any new single-family construction outside of Irvine?

dliberty

Looking to possibly upgrade our Irvine home and willing to venture out a bit. However, we really don't like the floor plans and look of older builds and don't want to get into a large renovation project. We also don't want to pay a premium for someone else's reno that 99% of the time doesn't match our taste...
On a quick Google search, I see almost no new construction outside of Irvine. I was hoping there'd be something in Alisso Viejo, Mission Viejo, RSM etc. Are those cities completely built out? Do we expect new construction in OC outside of Irvine to pick up any time soon?

irvinedreaming said:
Looking to possibly upgrade our Irvine home and willing to venture out a bit. However, we really don't like the floor plans and look of older builds and don't want to get into a large renovation project. We also don't want to pay a premium for someone else's reno that 99% of the time doesn't match our taste...
On a quick Google search, I see almost no new construction outside of Irvine. I was hoping there'd be something in Alisso Viejo, Mission Viejo, RSM etc. Are those cities completely built out? Do we expect new construction in OC outside of Irvine to pick up any time soon?

There are small pockets of construction, including one of builds in Costa Mesa/Newport Beach/Huntington Beach/etc.  RSM still has new construction but the Mello Roos is very high over there and then you have new construction in Lake Forest, especially The Meadows coming up later on this year.

Serrano Summit in Lake Forest is half way done with most of the communities. Prices have increased significantly though.

The Landing at Tustin Legacy? Is that still being done? There's still quite a bit of space there.

As for South County... there are some projects... how far south did you want to go?

irvinedreaming said:

I would look in Lake Forest, which probably has the most new homes to choose from and the closest feel to Irvine. Serrano Summit, Iron Ridge just to name a few.

Agent Joe said:
irvinedreaming said:

I would look in Lake Forest, which probably has the most new homes to choose from and the closest feel to Irvine. Serrano Summit, Iron Ridge just to name a few.

Iron Ridge is sold out, I think The Meadows will be the largest non-Irvine upcoming new home community.

Back