Author Topic: INFLATION IS OUR FRIEND  (Read 64692 times)

Offline morekaos

• Certified Irvine Addict
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 677
  • -Received: 613
Re: INFLATION IS OUR FRIEND
« Reply #795 on: September 13, 2022, 12:14:00 PM »
Commodities is where diesel prices impact prices the most.

Gas is low today, but the impact is measured and compared over the last 12 months, not the most recent quarter. Lower gas can help push CPI in Feb/March, just not right now. We are also running out of Strategic Petroleum Reserves and will need to be replenished at a higher price unfortunately.

My .02c

Didn't we sell the Reserves to China?

Along with grandpa Joe’s soul

Offline zovall

• O.C. Resident
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 794
  • -Received: 239
« Reply #796 on: September 13, 2022, 12:38:25 PM »
Didn't know ZH read TI.
They did read IHB so you never know  ;)

Offline Compressed-Village

• Thanks
  • -Given: 397
  • -Received: 354
« Reply #797 on: September 13, 2022, 01:43:59 PM »
Weird!

My post on TI about Strategic Reserves - 10:26 AM

ZH posts about this at 10:42 AM

Didn't know ZH read TI.

https://www.zerohedge.com/energy/biden-admin-reportedly-ready-refill-strategic-petroelum-reserve

When oil prices were in free-fall in 2020 the previous administration wanted to "fill up" the SPR. Senator Schumer called it a "bailout for big oil." Imagine today it feels like a missed buying opportunity...

The following member(s) thanked this post:

Offline morekaos

• Thanks
« Reply #798 on: September 13, 2022, 02:51:00 PM »
When a business man is running the economy...

Trump Announces Massive Oil Purchase for Strategic Petroleum Reserve

According to Trump, the oil purchases will have numerous benefits, including "saving the American taxpayer billions and billions of dollars, helping our oil industry, and ... it puts us in a position that's very strong, and we're buying at the right price."

https://www.fool.com/investing/2020/03/13/trump-announces-massive-oil-purchase-for-strategic.aspx

$32.11 a barrel...When a moron is running the economy...

Biden administration launches plan to refill emergency oil reserve

New York (CNN Business)The Biden administration plans to seek bids this fall to buy 60 million barrels of crude oil as the first step in a years-long process aimed at replenishing America's emergency oil reserve, an Energy Department official told CNN.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/05/05/energy/spr-biden/index.html

$110.41 a barrel....idiot!

Offline morekaos

• Thanks
« Reply #799 on: September 14, 2022, 10:52:22 AM »
See….Inflation is your friend…I told you so….

‘The American People Won’: Biden Celebrates ‘Inflation Reduction Act’ as Market Plummets over August Inflation News
However, despite what its name indicates, the bill will not tame record-breaking inflation in the near future, and may even make it worse, according to a report by the Congressional Budget Office (CBO).
The CBO report said it estimates the bill will have a “negligible effect on inflation” in 2022. For 2023, the agency predicted inflation would be .1 percent lower or higher than it is currently due to the passage of the bill.
A report published by the Penn Wharton Budget Model (PWBM) found the bill’s “impact on inflation is statistically indistinguishable from zero.”
https://www.nationalreview.com/news/white-house-to-celebrate-inflation-reduction-act-hours-after-dismal-august-inflation-news/

Offline Ready2Downsize

• Thanks
  • -Given: 16
  • -Received: 282
« Reply #800 on: September 14, 2022, 12:02:08 PM »
Raising rates is not going to dampen consumer spending as it did in the 70's.

At that time there was no government handouts.

It was shameful to be on welfare and you'd do anything to avoid it.

There was not as many two income households so if things were tight u HAD to cut back.

Credit cards had very low limits. (I'm talking $300 per dept store, so you got lots of cards and to charge more u had to pay off what you owed or go to another store). U couldn't just charge up the wazoo. You HAD to cut spending to make ends meet in those days or write bad checks but eventually that wasn't going to work.

Offline USCTrojanCPA

• Your CPA Realtor
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 2974
  • -Received: 2316
« Reply #801 on: September 15, 2022, 02:09:52 AM »
This sums it up...
Martin Mania, CPA
AgencyOne
CA DRE License # 01799007
CA CPA License # 107675
mmania001@yahoo.com
714-747-3884 cell

Often imitated....Never duplicated!
Have license, will travel!

• Thanks
« Reply #802 on: September 15, 2022, 04:45:53 PM »
This sums it up...

Load up on I-Bond. The U.S. dollars wrecking ball even crush shiny metals.

Offline Liar Loan

• Thanks
  • -Given: 822
  • -Received: 534
  • Don't fight the Fed.
« Reply #803 on: September 23, 2022, 10:53:24 AM »

There was not as many two income households so if things were tight u HAD to cut back.

Credit cards had very low limits. (I'm talking $300 per dept store, so you got lots of cards and to charge more u had to pay off what you owed or go to another store). U couldn't just charge up the wazoo. You HAD to cut spending to make ends meet in those days or write bad checks but eventually that wasn't going to work.

I recently heard that during the pandemic, local high schools were handing out EBT cards, not based on income, but to everybody.  It seems we have an entire generation being conditioned to accept welfare now.

Offline Ready2Downsize

• Thanks
  • -Given: 16
  • -Received: 282
« Reply #804 on: September 23, 2022, 11:08:00 AM »

I recently heard that during the pandemic, local high schools were handing out EBT cards, not based on income, but to everybody.  It seems we have an entire generation being conditioned to accept welfare now.

Exactly. The government will always be there to bail you out. How much more debt is the US going to take on with higher and higher servicing costs? I don't know. I HATE debt. I know I could have made a lot leveraging my house, buying rentals, etc. But no debt (cars, house, school etc) means no one can take my things from me.......... ever unless I don't pay the property taxes.

Offline morekaos

• Thanks
« Reply #805 on: September 27, 2022, 08:36:14 AM »
Costco is doing their part ;D ;D >:D

‘Lightning just struck me’: Why Costco’s CFO says the price of the $1.50 hot-dog-and-soda combo is ‘forever’

“Some businesses that are doing well with margin ... those things help us be more aggressive in other areas, or, as you mentioned, hold the price on the hot dog and the soda a little longer — forever,” he said.
Other Costco food court items have increased in price recently, including the popular chicken bake which went up from $2.99 to $3.99 in July.
The price of a 20-ounce soda also rose from 59 cents to 69 cents over the summer.
https://www.cnbc.com/2022/09/26/costco-cfo-says-hot-dog-and-soda-combo-price-is-forever.html?__source=iosappshare%7Ccom.apple.UIKit.activity.Mail

• Thanks
« Reply #806 on: October 03, 2022, 01:44:16 PM »

RAY DALIO @RAYDALIO

As John Maynard Keynes is credited with saying: “When the facts change, I change my mind. What do you do, sir?” Along these lines, the facts have changed  and I’ve changed my mind about cash as an asset: I no longer think cash is trash.

Even the greatest investor, recognized the power of green back. The almighty US dollars is still the king.

Talk Irvine Links

[Recent Posts]
[FAQ / Rules]

Site Supporters

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal