Author Topic: INFLATION IS OUR FRIEND  (Read 40351 times)

Offline akula1488

• O.C. Resident
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 26
  • -Received: 42
Re: INFLATION IS OUR FRIEND
« Reply #615 on: May 10, 2022, 09:57:14 PM »
Now we have a baby formula shortage. This joke of an administration just hit a new low.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/05/10/us/baby-formula-shortage.html

Offline Liar Loan

• Certified Irvine Addict
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 793
  • -Received: 502
  • Don't fight the Fed.
« Reply #616 on: May 11, 2022, 09:00:50 AM »
Oh yeah... you don't care about people dying in an unnecessary war either.

My bad.

Iraq anybody?

You tried this tactic already... different situation... but still... no one really wanted that one either.

Hindsight is 20/20, but in real time lots of people were itching for revenge over 9/11.  It didn't matter that Iraq had nothing to do with the attacks.  That's why even many Democrats voted in favor of the war.  It was seen as "unpatriotic" to vote against it.  Hillary, Kerry, Biden all voted in favor.

Offline irvinehomeowner

• The Unicorn Hunter
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 2753
  • -Received: 4076
  • 3CWG
« Reply #617 on: May 11, 2022, 09:17:29 AM »
Who are you, Keira Knightly?

That's the point.

You would think people would have learned from our mistakes... what were the reasons Putin stated for invading Ukraine? He's not claiming false WMD intel, is he looking for revenge... or maybe he is being patriotic?

Stop cherry picking and living in the past... I was talking about inflation and how the US compares to the rest of the world, but morekaos doesn't seem to think the rest of the world matters.
Once you go 3-car garage... your junk can never go back.
3CWG: 3-Car Wide Garage
FCB: Foreign Cash Buyer
I recommend:
www.irvinerealtorsite.com
member: Soylent Green Is People (loans/refis)

Offline Liar Loan

• Thanks
  • Don't fight the Fed.
« Reply #618 on: May 11, 2022, 09:25:20 AM »

That's the point.

You would think people would have learned from our mistakes... what were the reasons Putin stated for invading Ukraine? He's not claiming false WMD intel, is he looking for revenge... or maybe he is being patriotic?

Stop cherry picking and living in the past... I was talking about inflation and how the US compares to the rest of the world, but morekaos doesn't seem to think the rest of the world matters.

Cherry picking = inconvenient information for IHO, CalBears, other Irvine housing bulls

Offline irvinehomeowner

• The Unicorn Hunter
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 2753
  • -Received: 4076
  • 3CWG
« Reply #619 on: May 11, 2022, 09:29:05 AM »

That's the point.

Cherry picking = inconvenient information for IHO, CalBears, other Irvine housing bulls false data point for LIAR LIAR Loan to prove his incorrect predictions

Fixed that for you.
Once you go 3-car garage... your junk can never go back.
3CWG: 3-Car Wide Garage
FCB: Foreign Cash Buyer
I recommend:
www.irvinerealtorsite.com
member: Soylent Green Is People (loans/refis)

Offline morekaos

• Thanks
  • -Given: 651
  • -Received: 574
« Reply #620 on: May 11, 2022, 09:34:48 AM »
...and the Malaise speech comes out...He feels your pain (empathetic) Thank you President Carter..I mean Brandon....

Biden isn’t fooling anyone ⁠— inflation is his fault and he has no solution to fix it

The president set himself an easy task Tuesday — to show a dispirited public he cares about their painful straits. As he put it, “I want every American to know that I’m taking inflation very seriously and it’s my top domestic priority.”

Just not seriously enough to bring a single new idea to the table. Instead he fell back on tired tropes about how none of the historic increase in prices is his fault.

With Biden, the buck always stops somewhere else.

The two straw men he trotted out were familiar — the pandemic and the Putin Price Hike. The latter coined phrase is as ridiculous as President Gerald Ford’s WIN gambit, for Whip Inflation Now, and will no doubt be just as effective economically and politically.

Asked by a reporter after his address whether he accepted any responsibility for the crisis, Biden said no, adding: “I think our policies help, not hurt.”

Saying so doesn’t make it true.

https://nypost.com/2022/05/10/biden-isnt-fooling-anyone-inflation-is-his-fault-and-he-has-no-solution-to-fix-it/

Offline Liar Loan

• Thanks
  • Don't fight the Fed.
« Reply #621 on: May 11, 2022, 09:45:18 AM »
...and the Malaise speech comes out...He feels your pain (empathetic) Thank you President Carter..I mean Brandon....

Biden isn’t fooling anyone ⁠— inflation is his fault and he has no solution to fix it

The president set himself an easy task Tuesday — to show a dispirited public he cares about their painful straits. As he put it, “I want every American to know that I’m taking inflation very seriously and it’s my top domestic priority.”

Just not seriously enough to bring a single new idea to the table. Instead he fell back on tired tropes about how none of the historic increase in prices is his fault.

With Biden, the buck always stops somewhere else.

The two straw men he trotted out were familiar — the pandemic and the Putin Price Hike. The latter coined phrase is as ridiculous as President Gerald Ford’s WIN gambit, for Whip Inflation Now, and will no doubt be just as effective economically and politically.

Asked by a reporter after his address whether he accepted any responsibility for the crisis, Biden said no, adding: “I think our policies help, not hurt.”

Saying so doesn’t make it true.

https://nypost.com/2022/05/10/biden-isnt-fooling-anyone-inflation-is-his-fault-and-he-has-no-solution-to-fix-it/

Even better was Prince Charles giving this same speech from a golden, diamond-encrusted throne yesterday.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1523977008262352903

The following member(s) thanked this post:

Offline morekaos

• Thanks
« Reply #622 on: May 13, 2022, 08:34:15 AM »
See!!...Inflation is your friend!..The Boy King wants to send you money for doing....nothing.  Makes sense...

California Gov. Newsom proposes inflation relief checks

Gov. Gavin Newsom wants to use some of the state's projected record $68 billion budget surplus for an $18.1 billion inflation relief package.

The proposal includes:

$11.5 billion to send $400 checks to car owners$2.7 billion toward emergency rent relief$1.4 billion to help people with past-due utility bills$933 million for relief checks to some hospital and nursing home staff
The governor also is proposing $750 million for free public transit, a pause in the diesel sales tax, and waiving child care fees for low-income families.

"It's a struggle right now so if it does pass it'd be very much appreciated," said Stephanie Smith, a Richmond resident who has three children and a spouse in her household.

https://www.ktvu.com/news/california-gov-newsom-proposes-inflation-relief-checks

Offline USCTrojanCPA

• Your CPA Realtor
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 2851
  • -Received: 2235
« Reply #623 on: May 13, 2022, 12:27:47 PM »
See!!...Inflation is your friend!..The Boy King wants to send you money for doing....nothing.  Makes sense...

Gov. Gavin Newsom wants to use some of the state's projected record $68 billion budget surplus for an $18.1 billion inflation relief package.

The proposal includes:

$11.5 billion to send $400 checks to car owners$2.7 billion toward emergency rent relief$1.4 billion to help people with past-due utility bills$933 million for relief checks to some hospital and nursing home staff
The governor also is proposing $750 million for free public transit, a pause in the diesel sales tax, and waiving child care fees for low-income families.

"It's a struggle right now so if it does pass it'd be very much appreciated," said Stephanie Smith, a Richmond resident who has three children and a spouse in her household.

https://www.ktvu.com/news/california-gov-newsom-proposes-inflation-relief-checks

Really?  OMG, stop already.  If you are running surpluses put it aside and fix infrastructure (roads, bridges, etc) or put into schools or better yet lower some taxes (like the gas tax).
Martin Mania, CPA
AgencyOne
CA DRE License # 01799007
CA CPA License # 107675
mmania001@yahoo.com
714-747-3884 cell

Often imitated....Never duplicated!
Have license, will travel!

Offline morekaos

• Thanks
« Reply #624 on: May 13, 2022, 12:35:22 PM »

The proposal includes:

Really?  OMG, stop already.  If you are running surpluses put it aside and fix infrastructure (roads, bridges, etc) or put into schools or better yet lower some taxes (like the gas tax).

You do know there is an election coming?...easy way to buy votes with the voters own money...its a twofer!

Offline morekaos

• Thanks
« Reply #625 on: May 17, 2022, 09:03:56 AM »
A year ago I was paying $2.90 for a gallon of gas = $6.00 a gallon gas...fact or just my opinion.  Numbers...just numbers.

Except gas now is about $4.00. Stop lying.

Also, what does that have to do with anything? A year ago, demand was less because fewer people were driving. I mean, seriously. Stop using misinformation.

You were saying?.... ;D ;D >:D
Gas prices hit $5 in Manhattan

NEW YORK - Gas prices are on the rise and they have hit nearly $5 for regular and are now about $5.40 a gallon for supreme in Manhattan.

A Mobil station on 11th Ave. on the West Side had the eye-popping prices on Monday evening.

https://www.fox5ny.com/news/gas-prices-hit-5-in-manhattan

Do you believe now Trinity?…

“Did you ever think you’d be paying this much for a gallon of gas?” Biden said. “In some parts of California, they’re paying $4.50 a gallon.”

Funerer and funerer!!... ;D ;D >:D

Los Angeles becomes the first US city to hit average gas price of $6 per gallon: Fuel costs continue to soar on the West Coast while they level off in the rest of the country
Gas in Los Angeles hit a record high of $6.011 per gallon on Tuesday
It is the highest recorded average gas price for a major US city, experts say
Gasoline continues to soar on the West Coast, particularly in California
However, the US average has leveled off from this month's record highs

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10641909/Los-Angeles-major-city-reach-6-average-gas-prices.html

We're #1! We're #1!  Not good enough to torture just the city dwellers...lets get em all and have a Statewide average of $6.00...I knew we could get there!!...well done team!!

OIL AND GAS
California’s gas average tops $6 per gallon as prices across the U.S. surge

California’s statewide average for a gallon of gas has surged to a record above $6.
The national average for gas hit $4.523 on Tuesday, according to AAA, also a record.
The rapidly rising price of gas is contributing to inflationary pressures across the economy.

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/05/17/californias-gas-average-tops-6-per-gallon-as-prices-across-the-us-surge.html?__source=iosappshare%7Ccom.apple.UIKit.activity.Mail

Offline The California Court Company

• What's this?
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 393
  • -Received: 370
« Reply #626 on: May 18, 2022, 10:51:39 AM »
Costco is raising hot dog price by $1...wow. Inflation must really be that bad. hopefully this is not true and fake news.
"Should any Person come into contact with such fruit, soil or groundwater, such Person is advised to wash thoroughly with soap and water and seek immediate medical attention"-Augusta Disclosure, Tustin Legacy

"You'll probably be able to buy a 4BR detached home in Quail Hill for $150,000."-IndieDev

Offline Liar Loan

• Thanks
  • Don't fight the Fed.
« Reply #627 on: May 18, 2022, 11:04:59 AM »
Costco is raising hot dog price by $1...wow. Inflation must really be that bad. hopefully this is not true and fake news.

Unfortunately, it's true.  There's a shortage of hooves and lips due to the Ukraine war.

Offline Kenkoko

• Thanks
  • -Given: 193
  • -Received: 305
« Reply #628 on: May 18, 2022, 11:27:33 AM »
No it's not true. It's just fake news circulating on social media.

Offline morekaos

• Thanks
« Reply #629 on: May 19, 2022, 08:39:26 AM »
Needs to look butch and maintain some form of credibility....

Powell says the Fed will not hesitate to keep raising rates until inflation comes down

Fed Chair Jerome Powell said he will back interest rate increases until prices start falling back toward a healthy level.
"If that involves moving past broadly understood levels of neutral we won't hesitate to do that," the central bank leader told the Wall Street Journal

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/powell-says-the-fed-will-not-hesitate-to-keep-raising-rates-until-inflation-comes-down/ar-AAXo4VZ?ocid=uxbndlbing

Talk Irvine Links

[Recent Posts]
[FAQ / Rules]

Site Supporters

Recent Posts

Re: COVID-19 Retail Openings and Closures by Bullsback
[Yesterday at 09:44:57 PM]

Re: COVID-19 Retail Openings and Closures by Bullsback
[Yesterday at 09:44:11 PM]

Where can I find homes with the concept of an ADU in Irvine? by Irvine2020
[Yesterday at 08:35:04 PM]

Re: Dow? by Compressed-Village