Altair

liveOC

Hi ,
Newbie here and looking for an upgraded family home in OC.
Just wondering ,why so many houses are for sale in Altair suddenly ?
How do you compare OH community with Altair ? Which one is better ?
Thanks

Personally I have never liked the Altair location.  It?s too Far East near Lake Forest.  I?ve always thought OH was more peaceful and nicer but the proximity to the fire hazards is what a lot of folks do not want.  But it?s the only new guard gated community near higher elevation which draws many buyers.

lovingit said:
Personally I have never liked the Altair location.  It?s too Far East near Lake Forest.  I?ve always thought OH was more peaceful and nicer but the proximity to the fire hazards is what a lot of folks do not want.  But it?s the only new guard gated community near higher elevation which draws many buyers.

Altair also has the same wild fire risks associated with it.
Also altair has the GP Mello Roos.

When I started looking I also liked Altair until I visited OH. I liked OH much better between the 2 communities, away from all the action in GP. Just seems more serene and upscale in my opinion.

trematix said:
lovingit said:

Altair also has the same wild fire risks associated with it.
Also altair has the GP Mello Roos.

When I started looking I also liked Altair until I visited OH. I liked OH much better between the 2 communities, away from all the action in GP. Just seems more serene and upscale in my opinion.

Easily OH over Altair 99 out of 100 times if I had to pick. Altair has to really provide THE unicorn home and lot for me to ever want to consider it. As others have mentioned, Mello roos is ridiculously high, HOA is high, and just proximity to retail and freeways is low.

HOA is very reasonable for guard gated community IMO and for the amount of homes in the community. I think there are a total of around 840 or so.

Mello roos are definitely sky high.

It is decently close to foothill ranch retail plazas (which have practically every big box minus whole foods and trader joes). Typically a 5-10 min easy drive with not many lights, high speed limits and wide lanes.

I think as of this post, there are 3-4 homes for sale now.

I noticed the lines lately to get through the 1 guard gate in Altair (as a visitor) are pretty crazy long.  Many times the cars are in line out into the intersection, and it doesn't move very fast.  They should add another guard gate entrance at the street further down Irvine Blvd.

Yeah that is probably the biggest complaint about altair lately. There are many factors causing it though and could be alleviated quite simply. growing pains  ;D

B2FiNiTY said:
HOA is very reasonable for guard gated community IMO and for the amount of homes in the community. I think there are a total of around 840 or so.

Mello roos are definitely sky high.

It is decently close to foothill ranch retail plazas (which have practically every big box minus whole foods and trader joes). Typically a 5-10 min easy drive with not many lights, high speed limits and wide lanes.

I think as of this post, there are 3-4 homes for sale now.

How many years are the mello roos for Altair?

B2FiNiTY said:
Yeah that is probably the biggest complaint about altair lately. There are many factors causing it though and could be alleviated quite simply. growing pains  ;D

How is the density?  Driving by, some of the neighborhoods seemed incredibly packed together, very little yardspace, feels like your neighbor is going to peer down into your yard at all times.  Perfectly fine for a detached condo or even a newer SFH, but for 3M? 

talkirvine said:
Altair has the highest ratio of luxury cars to residents in Irvine.

Ya mostly all Bentley?s, McLarens and Ferrari?s zipping through the right side of those gates.  New X7?s and S Classes aren?t envied by neighbors in Altair.

Back