Private Driver?

ChiKid24

Seeking a little help from the group on private driver options. My mother-in-law has cancer and is going through chemo treatments. Her oncologist is at UCLA and she gets treatments once a week.  She is not able to drive herself so my wife and I have been balancing our full time jobs while also taking her there and back. The doctor is now suggesting a second treatment which would really make this unbearable to manage for us.

I started looking into private driver options but the pricing is upwards of $500 each trip which seems unreasonable to me. I was thinking something closer to $200 which would be about $20/hour for the time (4-6 hours) plus additional for gas/wear/tear on the car. My guess is the companies that advertise are making a pretty nice profit on their fee, so going the route of an individual driver would be better. Those are harder to find so reaching out in case anyone would know of someone.

Thanks in advance!

What you're giving up by going super private (ala Nextdoor) is proper liability or lack of insurance. It will be cheaper, but just something to keep in mind.

Back