New Home Construction Slowing Down

lovingit said:
Homes releases are being delayed and I suspect future phase pricing will increase at higher rate.

Agreed, especially if builder's have no locked in pricing for materials and secured their GC/sub contracts.

I?m starting to see home prices plateau and actually see more price drops than price increase emails from Redfin for homes < 1.5m. Maybe its temporary.

sleepy5136 said:
I?m starting to see home prices plateau and actually see more price drops than price increase emails from Redfin for homes < 1.5m. Maybe its temporary.

Sellers are seeing the huge price increases and are beginning to ask higher and higher prices.  This may be the first step in having the market calm down.  What we really need to see is inventory levels to increase to confirm this because right now we have 3 WEEKS (not MONTHS) of inventory in Irvine.

USC, you know who my company's current major client is.

When even they are complaining about supply shortage preventing them from starting project...
not even price, but the sheer supply, then you know we are in interesting times...

Innosint said:
USC, you know who my company's current major client is.

When even they are complaining about supply shortage preventing them from starting project...
not even price, but the sheer supply, then you know we are in interesting times...

Your company's client does not look money as a constraint so you know it's a supply issue.

When I think about my customers not letting me raise my prices, I think to myself.

Fuck you! Empty shelves motherfucker...

Then I tell them I'm not shipping.

And then my inflated prices are confirmed.

A guy I know who buys semi-conductors for his factory has to bribe the sellers to get product these days. 
example:
A buyer slips $10,000 to a seller to buy $5,000,000 in chips to make sure those chips go to him and not his competitor.
Buying and selling is quite a dirty business.

It use to be sellers who bribed buyers...how times have changed.

Back