Where to put older house gear

nosuchreality

We have an older house and my frustration is chronically growing with where to put my older house tools.  Particularly stuff like paint gear.  Rollers, brushes, caulk guns, putty knives, drywall/plaster sanders etc.

They are always a tangled messed taking way too much space in the garbage cupboard I keep storing them in.

Am I better off stuffing them all in a  tote and putting them in the rafter storage in the garage. Is there a better way to arrange that stuff and the spare can of touch up? 

Or should I be more diligent about hazard waste dropping off the spare touch up cans, junking the roller brushes etc and just keeping roller or junking  all?

In serious need of a garage store do over but it also is the California mud room where the karate bag gets dropped, reusable bags get stored, the battery recycler bucket gets stored, etc.

I don?t want to solve the garage store problem, I just want to address the one cabinet with my paint/wall/caulk gear.

irvinelurker said:
Hyloft ceiling storage.  It's out of the way but still relatively accessible. 

That about that, it essentially is dump everything in a tote and stuff it in the rafters.  It works, just dumps the jumbled mess into a tote.  Maybe that's reality.  This type of gear is a jumbled mess, just contain it out of sight for the six months between uses so that you don't have clutter attracting clutter.

Compressed-Village said:
Build a backyard storage shed.

Already have a backyard garden shed for garden tools, fertilizers, potting / seed starting etc.
Had a shed for bikes and bigger stuff like the ecoshredder, but turned out to be really impractical getting things in / out on the side yard.  Still looking for a design to house the bikes easily and effectively.

Throw them in a tote and stash it somewhere. But just remember you did that.

We invariably end up buying more paint stuff because we forget where we put it.

So maybe just dispose of it. :)

Back