2.875 No Cost Refi (30 YR Jumbo)

What amount and what LTV? Martin (USCtrojanCPA) sent me a contact at US Bank that was quite competitive.

If you have assets you can move over, some of the big banks (Wells, BofA, etc) have pretty unbeatable rates.

Jumbo loan rates are more credit score sensitive than conforming or high balance with smaller bands. Also LTV and loan amount matter. Feel free to PM me your details and I'll see what we can offer you.

I am also looking to refi a jumbo loan and the rate I got is from Watermark with 3.0% $1500 closing 30 year fixed.
Another agent offered me a bette rate but turned out to be a bait/switch.
Can anyone recommend a good loan agent preferably with a big bank?
Thanks!

SGIP is pretty awesome and upfront about what he can and can not deliver.

I refi'ed my jumbo 3 months ago and got 2.5% 10-ARM, with zero points with Sunwest Mortgage.

sunflower said:
After comparing rates from a number of lenders, I also end up refi with Ally. 2.875%, no cost, 30 year fixed, Jumbo.
baconpark said:
Locked with Ally Home Loans at 2.875%, no cost.

Ally's website offered me 2.990. Did you have to contact someone for 2.875%?

Every deal is different. Pricing is not fixed. If borrower A is in a Detached Condo with a 780 FICO score in the 92618 zip, and Borrower B is the same in the 90003 zip (LA County) there will be minute changes in price. Loan to value impacts things as well. One might be at 2.99 at 80% LTV, but 2.875% with a 59% LTV.

My advice here is to find the right rate with a lender you can move money over to for a better discounted rate. 2.99 at Quicken is not the same 2.99% rate at Citibank if you have $100k-$250k to move.  Also, ask what the cost is at 2.875%. If 2.99 is "fee free" but 2.875% is $2,500, perhaps it makes sense to pay the cost. If your breakeven point is between 2-3 years between no cost and a rate with costs, pay the fees.

My.02c

The jumbo rates moved up in the past a couple of weeks. Take a look at this daily chart: http://www.mortgagenewsdaily.com/mortgage_rates/

Ally's 2.875% no cost offer was quoted when the overall Jumbo 30 Year Fixed rate hit the bottom (3.11) again back in May.

The previous time when this number reached 3.11 (new 52 week low) was last December.

[/quote]

Ally's website offered me 2.990. Did you have to contact someone for 2.875%?
[/quote]

these rates are too high. With Better.com, they have $2k promotion from American Express, I can see 2.5% 30 year no lender fees for true conforming (<$548k). The $2k promotion will cancel most of other refi related costs, making it a truly no cost refi.

The California Court Company said:
these rates are too high. With Better.com, they have $2k promotion from American Express, I can see 2.5% 30 year no lender fees for true conforming (<$548k). The $2k promotion will cancel most of other refi related costs, making it a truly no cost refi.

And I think 6k from Amex if you do Jumbo loan

Rates dropped yesterday and looked really good. I locked 2.75% for a 30-yr jumbo refinance with a $2k+ closing credit with Ally. The credit should cover most of my closing costs. The lock is for 75 days and Ally is projecting to close the refinance in about 45 days.

It seems that 2.75% for a 30-yr jumbo refinance with a $2k+ closing credit with Ally is the best deal going on right now.  Wondering if there's any no-cost 2.625% 30-yr jumbo refinance right now?

Angels_Baseball_2015 said:
It seems that 2.75% for a 30-yr jumbo refinance with a $2k+ closing credit with Ally is the best deal going on right now.  Wondering if there's any no-cost 2.625% 30-yr jumbo refinance right now?

Not yet as purchase rates are at 2.625% with no points right now.

Back