Landscaping in Irvine

Chegg

Has anyone done landscaping recently?  Currently going through a designer right now, and based on what we're looking for, he's guestimating the cost to be around $100K.  I know there's been an increase in labors and materials, but $100K for a small 15 foot setback yard (Padova) seems astronomical to me.

We're just looking to do a built-in, maybe pergola, couple of water fountain type of pots, fire pit, and pavers.  Are the prices really that high now?

Thanks in advance!

Damn. It really sucks to be a new home buyer right now. Getting worked by the builder then everyone else lines up to get their piece.

qwerty said:
Damn. It really sucks to be a new home buyer right now. Getting worked by the builder then everyone else lines up to get their piece.

Luckily I locked into the house last August before things started getting crazy, the Palermo plan 2's I was considering is already up $120K in base price, talk about pain...

teddybear said:
100k is actually on the inexpensive end for the amount of landscape you?re doing.

Really?! for a 15ft setback yard it feels very very pricey.

My only advice would be to cross shop as much as possible, this contractor may not need the additional work so he is jacking up the price.

Yard may be small but OP is asking for big ticket items - built-in, pergola, fountain, fire pit are all going to cost $$$ regardless.

Find someone with a new home in the IE that has approximately the same size back yard where the home prices are half of Irvine.  Then get the quote, and say you want to hire the contractor for the job, but your yard is in Irvine.  I bet the quote in IE would be $50k for the same job.

That's what happens when you live in a guard gated community in OH man, gotta pay Irvine Tax.  Every contractor thinks you're loaded so what's another $100k right.

Back