College admissions look very different in a test-optional world this year

#1 criteria if a college will accept you is the likelihood of you donating money as alumni.

My kids are fukd cuz I didn't donate shit to my school.

They all threw test scores out the window. If your kid scored well it wasn't worth anything. Talk about dumbing down the student body. Being 1st gen counted more than anything.

Honestly, SAT/ACT is a pretty bad scam and favors those that can pay for tutoring.

I raised my SAT score from the 1900s to above 2300 by having parents who paid for my SAT tutoring.

OCtoSV said:
They all threw test scores out the window. If your kid scored well it wasn't worth anything. Talk about dumbing down the student body. Being 1st gen counted more than anything.

Although I'm not first gen, I appreciate the fact that they look at that closely. They already have a good benchmark via GPA to assess a student's academic ability.

It's more equitable to help kids who come from families that haven't gone to college. My parents had the privilege of stressing education and sending me to tutoring. If I didn't have that, chances are my grades and test scores would have been a lot worse.

Back