Landscaping permit in Irvine

Hi, there, I am in the process of planing for landscaping in my backyard. I have visited the city website, which is not much helpful. I can not find much information about how to apply for the proper permit and what documents are needed. Is there any place online I can find more info? Thank you in advance.

if you're looking to do any significant additions to your yard (bbq, water features, etc) I would go through a GC.... they will be familiar with the Irvine regulations and be able to design your yard properly.

I have a landscaping contractor friend who mainly operates in Los Angeles, and have never came down to Irvine. He will send his guys to help me with my landscaping project, but he asks me to find out the permitting process myself.

I just contacted the permitting department at the city and this is there reply "A rough drawing is required for gas lines and outlets. Yard landscape and hardscape do not require permits.".

So seems pretty easy. No permit needed. Just need to contact the gas company to come and mark the gas lines.

talkirvine said:
I have a landscaping contractor friend who mainly operates in Los Angeles, and have never came down to Irvine. He will send his guys to help me with my landscaping project, but he asks me to find out the permitting process myself.

I just contacted the permitting department at the city and this is there reply "A rough drawing is required for gas lines and outlets. Yard landscape and hardscape do not require permits.".

So seems pretty easy. No permit needed. Just need to contact the gas company to come and mark the gas lines. Do I get it right?

Back