Vacation rental pent up pandemic pricing or just spring break?

nosuchreality

I realize I?m in the middle of spring break season, but I?ve been looking for late spring / summer summer rentals and pricing seems much higher than I recall from 2019. 

Is my memory off or have a lot of vacation properties rents increased 50%?

nosuchreality said:
I realize I?m in the middle of spring break season, but I?ve been looking for late spring / summer summer rentals and pricing seems much higher than I recall from 2019. 

A lot of ppl booking air bnbs for spring break rather than hotels IMO.  Ppl listing know it's spring break and ppl want to vaca too and will up the pricing.  2019 was different, beginning of a pandemic.

akkord said:
nosuchreality said:

A lot of ppl booking air bnbs for spring break rather than hotels IMO.  Ppl listing know it's spring break and ppl want to vaca too and will up the pricing.  2019 was different, beginning of a pandemic.
The economy was doing very well in 2019. Beginning of covid was really January 2020. But economic impact started March-April 2020.

Read it wrong...thought poster said 2020, but I think it still sort of stems from the pandemic.  People want to vaca since they didn't in 2020, all the pent up "I want to get out of the house/area and vaca"

akkord said:
Read it wrong...thought poster said 2020, but I think it still sort of stems from the pandemic.  People want to vaca since they didn't in 2020, all the pent up "I want to get out of the house/area and vaca"

Yes, that?s my question are other people seeing a massive price spike in vaca rentals compared to pre-pandemic rentals.

I know prices on used RVs are nuts. Renting an RV can push $200-$300 or a modest RV, plus campground rentals etc.

Checking vrbo, Airbnb, etc, for non-spring break rentals out in June, I?m seeing prices that are up 50%.

Just trying to figure out if it is demand spike or just rental increases due to property sales.

nosuchreality said:
I know prices on used RVs are nuts. Renting an RV can push $200-$300 or a modest RV, plus campground rentals etc.

One of my high school friends is in RV sales back East, and he says they won't even negotiate on price for new RV's.  If somebody doesn't want to pay the sticker price, they wait for somebody else to come along.

It's pent up demand, people want to travel more this year, RV probably seems safer/can control where you sleep, how you keep it clean etc, vs hotels and airbnbs.  Also those who didn't make as much $ last year may want to up the prices to help cover past costs, especially if the demand is there and they are still getting bookings. 

Shits gonna get expensive ....is it time to buy AA, LUV, BA as covid goes down, and people are looking to travel.
Perhaps it's already baked in.

akkord said:
It's pent up demand, people want to travel more this year, RV probably seems safer/can control where you sleep, how you keep it clean etc, vs hotels and airbnbs.  Also those who didn't make as much $ last year may want to up the prices to help cover past costs, especially if the demand is there and they are still getting bookings.

Yeah RV and Airbnb

Back