Author Topic: Irvine seen as epicenter of violence against Asian - will it impact sales?  (Read 2600 times)

Offline Kenkoko

• O.C. Resident
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 171
  • -Received: 269
It's a systemic problem of groups.  Groups have been shown to take riskier and less ethical decisions.  It's a hazard of distributing accountability. 

I think people should be outraged at the CEOs.  Frankly many of their policies and decisions really are in the out of bounds zone of a clearly differentiated decisions.  They're way over the fuzzy line.  Calling them on it is really the first step in bringing accountability back.   IMHO, Orange jumpsuits are really needed for some of the captains of industry for their behaviors to check the overall runaway egos that are taking hold.

It's a pipe dream though because all the kids want to be social influencers.  Olivia Jade is the poster child of the unethical 'good business decision'.  $500K in USC bribes to create the marketable property generating several million a year.

I agree with you on orange jumpsuits.

We've seen too many who made the decisions that led to the crisis not only got off scot-free, but also became rich off of the spoils. The criminal justice system looked the other way because there was no mechanism to prosecute decision-makers.

Nothing wrong with being outraged at CEOs.

My point is it doesn't accomplish anything meaningful. And it's also naïve to think things will dramatically improve by just getting rid of a CEO. The next man/woman up is just as incentivized to make those "bad" decisions as the previous CEO.

Public outrage is often short lived and doesn't bring real policy change or real accountability. You know what does? Lobbying.

That's just the sad reality.

Offline Mety

• Certified Irvine Addict
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 211
  • -Received: 268
Irvine would be actually somewhere an Asian person would feel more safe than other cities. Therefore it will impact sales with more Asians buying here. Irvine keeps on outperforming. Sorry LL ;D

The following member(s) thanked this post:

Offline sleepy5136

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 3
  • -Received: 17
targeting the CEO doesn't mean as much as targeting the board members. Board members are the ones that really call the shots.

Offline Sidehussle

• Tourist
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 0
  • -Received: 7
Did y'all catch the news of the poor korean lady that was punched in the stomach on Sunday morning by a thug from Irvine? This happened at a public park in Tustin.

I'm starting to be worried and on guard. I'm usually out in the neighborhood with my two toddlers and the stressors are active. Spidey sense on alert, which in itself is a damn shame.  I wouldn't be worried at all if just me, but now with two little ones...

How are you all feeling about the recent spike in AAPI hate?

Irvine would be actually somewhere an Asian person would feel more safe than other cities. Therefore it will impact sales with more Asians buying here. Irvine keeps on outperforming. Sorry LL ;D

Talk Irvine Links

[Recent Posts]
[FAQ / Rules]

Site Supporters

Recent Posts

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal