Author Topic: Where the market is - Buyer Offers  (Read 15307 times)

Offline USCTrojanCPA

• Your CPA Realtor
  • Certified Irvine Addict
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 2529
  • -Received: 2023
Re: Where the market is - Buyer Offers
« Reply #165 on: May 01, 2021, 04:16:49 PM »
Put an offer on this smaller Oak Creek home last last night for a buyer...

https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/10-Dahlia-92618/home/5483429
Martin Mania, CPA
AgencyOne
CA BRE License # 01799007
CA CPA License # 107675
mmania001@yahoo.com
714-747-3884 cell

Often imitated....Never duplicated!

Offline Cares

• Real Estate Broker & Mortgage Loan Originator
  • O.C. Resident
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 12
  • -Received: 179
« Reply #166 on: May 01, 2021, 05:18:02 PM »

I visited this one. The backyard condition is vastly different than the pictures. These pictures must have been when they first bought the home.

Offline USCTrojanCPA

• Your CPA Realtor
  • Thanks
« Reply #167 on: May 05, 2021, 07:03:41 PM »
Made an offer on this Costa Mesa Back Bay home earlier this afternoon for a client (it already has a few offers after 2 days of showing)....

https://www.redfin.com/CA/Costa-Mesa/2401-Tustin-Ave-92627/home/4634182

Didn't get this home, my buyer submitted a counter of $2.25m.  The home had a total of 4 offers and went for above my buyer's amount (my guess around $2.3m).
Martin Mania, CPA
AgencyOne
CA CPA License # 107675
mmania001@yahoo.com
714-747-3884 cell

Offline USCTrojanCPA

• Your CPA Realtor
  • Thanks
« Reply #168 on: May 05, 2021, 07:05:33 PM »

I visited this one. The backyard condition is vastly different than the pictures. These pictures must have been when they first bought the home.

Yeah, my client thought it was a bit of a catfish with those pictures.  haha  Here's the email that I got from the listing agent to my client's best and final offer of $921,000...

Good morning Martin,

The seller finally came to a decision last night and accepted another agent's offer.   FYI: There were a total of 15 offers on this property.

Just under $1M, As Is, cash purchase.

This is indeed a very challenging market for buyers.

Thank you, and your client, for your strong effort.
Martin Mania, CPA
AgencyOne
CA CPA License # 107675
mmania001@yahoo.com
714-747-3884 cell

Offline Cares

• O.C. Resident
  • Thanks
« Reply #169 on: May 06, 2021, 11:04:42 PM »

Yeah, my client thought it was a bit of a catfish with those pictures.  haha  Here's the email that I got from the listing agent to my client's best and final offer of $921,000...

Good morning Martin,

The seller finally came to a decision last night and accepted another agent's offer.   FYI: There were a total of 15 offers on this property.

I'm dealing with some difficult buyers that have a hard time believing that homes are selling way above list regardless of comps. They are asking to look at homes beyond their max budget thinking they can negotiate it down. As an example, this home at $900k is their max but they believed they could be competitive at asking price. So difficult.

Offline USCTrojanCPA

• Your CPA Realtor
  • Thanks
« Reply #170 on: May 06, 2021, 11:13:20 PM »

Good morning Martin,

I'm dealing with some difficult buyers that have a hard time believing that homes are selling way above list regardless of comps. They are asking to look at homes beyond their max budget thinking they can negotiate it down. As an example, this home at $900k is their max but they believed they could be competitive at asking price. So difficult.

I had a buyer a few months back who thought that listing agents were lying about the number of offers the homes had, I thought that was kind of funny.  Buyers like you and I describe will have to learn the hard way.  The only buyers that are buying homes are those that bid aggressively and are underbuying (aka look very strong to a seller on paper). 
Martin Mania, CPA
AgencyOne
CA CPA License # 107675
mmania001@yahoo.com
714-747-3884 cell

Offline Cares

• O.C. Resident
  • Thanks
« Reply #171 on: May 07, 2021, 09:35:12 AM »

Good morning Martin,

I had a buyer a few months back who thought that listing agents were lying about the number of offers the homes had, I thought that was kind of funny.  Buyers like you and I describe will have to learn the hard way.  The only buyers that are buying homes are those that bid aggressively and are underbuying (aka look very strong to a seller on paper).

Yea I agree this has been the case for me but it's a harsh reality for buyers that can "afford" $x price but are being told to only look at listings at $x minus $50k-$100k

Offline best_potsticker_in_town

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 4
  • -Received: 99
« Reply #172 on: May 07, 2021, 10:53:01 AM »

Good morning Martin,

Saw this one too. Not a bad space. 3 bedrooms detached under $1m with low HOA makes this really attractive. Thought some buyers may be turned off with the murder on Red Apple...but I guess not.
Use my referral link to receive 1,000 free Supercharger miles with the purchase and delivery of a new Tesla car, or earn a $100 award after system activation by purchasing or subscribing to solar panels:

https://ts.la/jonathan28387

Offline sleepy5136

• Yearning for 949 / 714
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 3
  • -Received: 20
« Reply #173 on: May 07, 2021, 12:48:51 PM »

Good morning Martin,

Having a difficult time wrapping my head around a ~1m condo. Crazy market we are in.

Offline Kenkoko

• O.C. Resident
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 176
  • -Received: 276
« Reply #174 on: May 07, 2021, 12:58:39 PM »
At least this one’s got a decent backyard and a good driveway

Just saw an attached condo with no yard and no driveway in Aliso Viejo sold for 1.04 million.

Tough to be a buyer these days

Offline Cares

• O.C. Resident
  • Thanks
« Reply #175 on: May 07, 2021, 04:46:43 PM »

Good morning Martin,

Having a difficult time wrapping my head around a ~1m condo. Crazy market we are in.

Cypress Village detached 3 and 4 BR condos have been going around $1.1m right now.

Offline Sidehussle

• Tourist
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 0
  • -Received: 7
« Reply #176 on: May 07, 2021, 05:09:36 PM »
Why is your buyer difficult if offering the seller full asking price?  I think a difficult buyer would be trying to get a discount from ask.

Good morning Martin,

Offline Cornflakes

• O.C. Resident
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 3
  • -Received: 88
« Reply #177 on: May 07, 2021, 07:42:47 PM »
It is almost like...

you have 300k for down pmt
keep aside 100k
with 200k remaining, at 25% down, look for properties that are listed at 800k or below.
bid agressively using your 100k war chest.
with 900k purchase price, 300k down payment, you look stonger to both lender and seller, and beat competition out of water.

Offline akula1488

• Tourist
  • Thanks
  • -Given: 15
  • -Received: 14
« Reply #178 on: Yesterday at 07:59:13 AM »
It is almost like...

you have 300k for down pmt
keep aside 100k
with 200k remaining, at 25% down, look for properties that are listed at 800k or below.
bid agressively using your 100k war chest.
with 900k purchase price, 300k down payment, you look stonger to both lender and seller, and beat competition out of water.
Lol I don't think 300k down on $900k is that strong and beat competition out of water. Try $1M cash with all contingencies waived.

I seen houses in other desirable areas got 25% over asking closed with cash time line (7 day close final price 1.5M)

Offline USCTrojanCPA

• Your CPA Realtor
  • Thanks
« Reply #179 on: Yesterday at 10:05:42 AM »
Why is your buyer difficult if offering the seller full asking price?  I think a difficult buyer would be trying to get a discount from ask.

Good morning Martin,

Because most times the listing price is too low of a price and in many occasions the seller will accept the highest offer right off the bat or only counter the top buyers.
Martin Mania, CPA
AgencyOne
CA CPA License # 107675
mmania001@yahoo.com
714-747-3884 cell

Talk Irvine Links

[Recent Posts]
[FAQ / Rules]

Site Supporters

Recent Posts