3 New California Pacific Communities in Portola Springs Late 2021

Cares

I just got a marketing email about 3 new communities being built by CalPac up in Portola. Floorplans and pricing not available yet though. Here's what they sent out:

Lapis - Townhomes and Stacked Flats. 1172-2083 sqft. 2-4 beds + loft (select plans). 2-4 baths

Regalo - Detached courtyard homes. 2100-2230 sqft. 4 beds + loft (select plans). 3.5 baths

Sierra - Single family homes. 2220-2524 sqft. 3-4 beds + loft. 2.5-4 baths.

I think the Lapis condos/flats will be that piece of land that is just south of the Portola Pkwy entrance to the toll road.

Surprise announcement on their website. Cal Pacific originally wasn't going to announce till summer 2022.

the.irvine said:
Wondering are these going to be at location, which is above Altair and behind Bluffs.

Nice views.

No. Those will be a higher priced luxury neighborhoods. These 3 announced by Cal Pacific are at the 241 and Whispering Hills.

Cares said:
Floorplans are available online now for these homes

They look like modified/expanded versions of the tracts they've recently built, in a good way. I was surprised to see Lapis jump from under 1200 square feet right into 2000 just going up one plan.

I like the Regalo plans a lot.

I like that Regalo Plan 4, 2 master closets, 1 full and half bath downstairs, vaulted ceilings, huge walk-in pantry and a loft... only thing is it's courtyard.

irvinehomeowner said:
I like that Regalo Plan 4, 2 master closets, 1 full and half bath downstairs, vaulted ceilings, huge walk-in pantry and a loft... only thing is it's courtyard.

I like that plan also. It looks like there's a side courtyard as well as an outdoor space in the front. I think I need to see them in person because I'm trying to visualize how the courtyard works. It juts out quite a bit, but isn't very long. So, is it an end unit with a courtyard against a wall or is there a large amount of space between the homes?

The Regalo floor plan is the same layout and floor plans as Talise in PS and Trellis Court in CVE EXCEPT they have been modified slightly and improved with a loft area upstairs. I currently live in a Talise Plan 1 which is similar to the Regalo Plan 2. The improvements are nice and definitely an upgrade to the current layout.

The current Talise Plan 2 is the new Regalo Plan 1. The current Talise 2 doesn't have a loft upstairs and the new Regalo Plan 1 has a similar downstairs and a loft upstairs which is amazing (although the Master bedroom will face a wall so sadly, no views).

Regalo Plan 4 and 3 have the wrap around courtyard which is nice. The Plan 4 has two courtyards which is cool too.

Can't wait to see these. The site on Whispering Hill and the 241 is very, very close to the 241 though.

Talise is sold out now. Definitely slow to start but finished quick and very strong.

toekneechin said:
The Regalo floor plan is the same layout and floor plans as Talise in PS and Trellis Court in CVE EXCEPT they have been modified slightly and improved with a loft area upstairs. I currently live in a Talise Plan 1 which is similar to the Regalo Plan 2. The improvements are nice and definitely an upgrade to the current layout.

The current Talise Plan 2 is the new Regalo Plan 1. The current Talise 2 doesn't have a loft upstairs and the new Regalo Plan 1 has a similar downstairs and a loft upstairs which is amazing (although the Master bedroom will face a wall so sadly, no views).

Regalo Plan 4 and 3 have the wrap around courtyard which is nice. The Plan 4 has two courtyards which is cool too.

Can't wait to see these. The site on Whispering Hill and the 241 is very, very close to the 241 though.

Talise is sold out now. Definitely slow to start but finished quick and very strong.

How do you like having a front outdoor space versus a backyard? I wasn't too keen on the courtyard/loggia before, but now I'm starting to like it. I like that it seems relatively spacious and has a completely separate solid gate before you get to the front door.

irviniteeee said:
toekneechin said:

How do you like having a front outdoor space versus a backyard? I wasn't too keen on the courtyard/loggia before, but now I'm starting to like it. I like that it seems relatively spacious and has a completely separate solid gate before you get to the front door.

I love it. You walk in and there is a nice outdoor space. When I open my bifold doors, it?s like my living room is extended and the indoor/outdoor living space blends nicely. Because it is in the front, we use it a lot more. I go to my neighbors house (Talise plan 2) and they don?t use the backyard. The only think I don?t like is the small island in the Talise 1, but it looks like Regalo 2 fixed that with rotating the island. These floor plans are probably the best ones compared to Montara, Celeste, and Talise.

Anyone have thoughts on the area where these homes are going to be located in terms of proximity to 241 (right next door) and more of a fire hazard than other locations?  Is Cal Pac going to take the entire land for development or other developers are going to build?
Also anywhere else that will have new developments in the future? Thanks.

Back