What is the listing fee when selling?

newOC

I?m looking to sell a home. What exactly is the listing fee charged for selling and are there any other upfront cost?

3% on the low end, 6% on the highest end. No upfront costs, you pay when you close escrow and it comes out of your proceeds. Depending on the level of your property, you may be asked to pay for staging, professional photos, etc to make your property more marketable. Some agents include this in their rate.

I'm seeing and reading about commissions in the 3-4% range more often in this market.  Some agents like myself get escrow fee and owner title policy discounts for sellers to decrease 3rd party closing costs for sellers because we've asked for those discounts from our providers. Most of the time photography and marketing are included in the commission but staging is not. I also provide a variable pay-for-performance listing commission model which better aligns the seller's interest (highest price possible) to my interest (most much commission as possible). No commission or fees are paid (other than staging if the home is vacant) if the home doesn't sell. Feel free to PM or email if you want to learn.

kpatnps said:
I was wondering when the agents would swarm in with that they do for their clients.  LOL

Why so negative on all your posts?  Smile and think positive thoughts sometimes! 

newOC said:
kpatnps said:
I was wondering when the agents would swarm in with that they do for their clients.  LOL

That?s the point. 

Thanks for those that msg me.

Well thats good. I was scared we only had two realtors interested in your business!

Back