New Listing - Golf Course View Lot Home in Coto de Caza (12 Mackenzie Ln)

usctrojancpa

Last night I listed an amazing golf course view lot home in Coto de Caza which my client bought a few years ago. The sellers have put about $200k in upgrades since they bought the home, including a 42 kWh solar system that is enough to power the entire home and to charge 2 electric vehicles. The home sits on a private 10,000sf lot in the Glen Eagles neighborhood overlooking the 6th Fairway on the South Golf Course. It features 4 bedrooms and 3.5 bathrooms (including a downstairs bedroom and full bath) along with a master bedroom deck and a 3-car garage with 3,950sf of living space. The listing price is $1,799,900.

Showings will begin on Thursday, March 4th at 3pm which is the day that the listing goes to Active status on MLS. PM me or email (mmania001@yahoo.com) if you are interested in viewing this amazing home.

Here is the Redfin link:
https://www.redfin.com/CA/Coto-De-Caza/12-MacKenzie-Ln-92679/home/5020960

Below is the link to the pictures and 3DMatterport virtual tour:
https://tours.previewfirst.com/pw/109464

Good luck fellow Trojan. How is the Coto market? I've always perceived it trades at a discount per SGIPs comment. I wonder if the HOA would allow for privacy landscaping or fencing?

OCtoSV said:
Good luck fellow Trojan. How is the Coto market? I've always perceived it trades at a discount per SGIPs comment. I wonder if the HOA would allow for privacy landscaping or fencing?

From a price per SF perspecitve, Coto trades at a discount to homes closer to the ocean like Laguna Niguel and Laguna Hills but the higher end of the Coto market has been moving quickly just like everything else out there.  The more special the property (large lot, highly renovated, view lot, golf course lot, etc) move very quickly and general trade above the list price.  I'm sure that the HOA would allow for privacy landscaping or fencing, depending on what is selected by the owner.

sleepy5136 said:
do people like the single car garages instead of a two car garage? I'm seeing that more common in some new builds.

Comes down to preference, if someone is a bad driver or not great at parking in the family, then a double is better than a single.  ;D

Also if you plan on driving larger SUVs, cars, trucks, a double is better.

sleepy5136 said:
do people like the single car garages instead of a two car garage? I'm seeing that more common in some new builds.

Most people do prefer the two car garage door as it's easier to park larger cars in the garage.

Plus most anyone these days have cars that have 3 buttons for the remote anyway. So not only does the garage have a 3 button remote control - so too does your car.  And if you live in Coto - you don't have a clicker for your gate cause you use a transponder (I presume) - so you are good.  Seamless. 

The one nice thing about singles - while a double is easier to park (more room for error) - the single is easier if you actually put 2 cars in the garage - because it essentially serves as guidelines for each driver. 

OCtoSV said:
great news - and happy sellers. All cash?

Yeah, definitely good to have more than one offer.  Both buyers are financed but solid from what I can see.  I just sent out the best & final counters to both buyers (due back by Thursday at 8pm). 

Back