The air museum you've asked for is available!

Our Gang

Flying Leathernecks Air Museum at Miramar is closing.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZ4-mmepDp
Irvine voters say they want an air museum on the ARDA? Just look to MCAS Miramar. But look now.
You?ll never ever find a bigger better selection of pristine now-available genuine Marine warbirds seeking a new home! And they really belong at El Toro anyhow! Pounce right now or forever be sorry for yet another missed opportunity.  Put the warbirds on the taxiways by the old tower and hangers and the State Veterans Cemetery nearby on the 'Golf Course' (where CalVet will want it anyhow), connected by a memorial walkpath.
Big win all around. Keeps ARDA out of FivePoint reach, is quiet for the concerned neighbors and schools, is spectacular in the ?Irvine style?. https://www.10news.com/news/local-n...-hHE0kvvWg2rHZpInuTAUPGevn7dwLVboBEeEprRGOcUw

I would love to see this happen, no better place to have a marine air museum then where it all started on the EL Toro base itself.  I often have to take my son out to Palm Springs to see the planes he enjoys up close.  We have some of the most fanatic military hobbyist in the world here and yet we don?t have places for them or for vets to truly gather.

We also need a natural history museum, we are such a large county not to have any significant museums.  LA, SF, SD all have great natural history museums and we should too.  It?s really time for Orange County to have a true cultural destination.  I tired of having to drive to Balboa park or exposition park to enjoy a day at a museum with my kids.  Orange County isn?t just a point between LA and SD anymore and it?s really time we have the things other highly populated areas have. 

The Great Park might be the last chance for this to happen, I hope the City of Irvine doesn?t mess this up.  Irvine is becoming the biggest city in the county and it?s time for Irvine to step up and make something great happen for us all.

Back